Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 10-31-2004, 11:40 PM
Active Pup

Default Bloody stool

My dog, Chloe, is 15 years old. Her stool, the first time around, was surrounded by blood. I thought maybe it was the treats that I was giving her, which contained a reddish color. The second time around, her stool was red, which looked very mushy and left a red stain on the weewee pad. It definitely looked like blood. I have grave concerns and I don't know what this could mean. She seems in good spirits. Her nose is wet, not warm. She's running around, eating normally, taking treats normally. I'm just waiting till she has to relieve herself again to see what her stool is like. Should I have concerns? Has anyone come accross something like this? Please help. I've had her since the day she was born. She's special to me because she was a cesarian section that the vet said, she almost did not make into this world.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:37 AM
Felurian

Blood in the stool is a definite trip to the vet. Bag a sample of it and take it with you, but don't wait. This is the kind of thing that can be serious.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-21-2004, 10:40 AM
Active Pup

I think u should take her to the vet. I would rather be safe than sorry. I hop eshe is all right !
Old 12-28-2004, 09:54 AM
Active Pup

if your dog has diarrhea, that can be a sign of the parvovirus. Does he have a loss of appetite or fever? Look at this page and read up on it. Hope your dog is Ok.
~**Shanna**~
Old 12-31-2004, 09:23 PM
Allison&Ginger

i agree a trip to the vet is very nesessary. it could mean your dog has colon cancer.

regards,
allison

"A dog will never forget the crumb thoust gavest him, though thou mayst afterwards throw a hundred stones at his head." -Sa'Di-

"If a dog will not come to you after he has looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience." -Woodrow Wilson-

"My dog is half pit bull , half poodle. Not much of a watchdog, but a vicious gossip." -Craig Shoemaker-
Old 01-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Active Pup

wouldn't worry to much about taking a stool sample with ya! A lot of vets prefer to do a "direct" stool sample. they take a plasic stool colection divice and stick it in the rectum to get a sample that is not contaminated. As for the parvovirus if the dog it 15 and been vaccinated yearly I wouldn't think it was that. she might have eaten something when you weren't looking or might be something related to being 15yrs old! Please post back what the diagnosis is! Thanx and I hope everything turns out good!
Fritzi-13 yr German Shepherd, Kaycee-7yr Golden, Xoom-4yr Malinois, Zona-1yr Cattle Dog, Jolet-7mos. Malinois, Clinton-7mos Choc Lab. Clinton is a rescue dog he was found wondering the streets of Clinton Oklahoma. Xoom was also a rescue dog and spayed but she is the reason I fell in love with the Malinois and bought Jolet! We have high hopes for her! We are busy titling Zona in obedience and herding...maybe agility next! Fritzi was my obedience dog a long time ago! She is now retired! She is an OTCH dog! Hope I can get Zona and Jolet that far as well!
I also have 8 barn kitties and 40 cows.