Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 12-04-2004, 08:02 AM
Felurian

The new photos are awfully cute, but I still think the one you've used in your avatar is IT!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-28-2004, 07:54 AM
Big Dog

any other homemade recipes for dog foods? i cook my puppy some chopped beef with carrots and rice sometimes and the rest is dry food.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:01 PM
Show Dog

I fed Blondie Eukanuba until I got to read some of the posts here and switched him to home-cooked food. He eats mostly chicken but also liver from time to time (he's still a pup), and he loves beef. I don't feed raw vegetables because he won't eat them, and besides I've heard something about the glucose not being properly broken down if you feed them raw (not sure, though). He loves maccaroni, but not rice. And of course I feed them supplements like cod liver oil and vitamin E.

I've noticed he's eating more, and looks healthier than he used to look while feeding Eukanuba. However, if someone has some interesting recipes, I'd love for you to share Blondie will appreciate it, too.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:22 PM
Felurian

Why don't you make him some stew? That gets some good vegetables in him in a way that he should like. You can use unsalted beef broth for the base and cook it in a crock pot. Just leave out the onions.

You can give him spinach noodles instead of plain macaroni, and I've never seen a dog that didn't like marinara sauce! There are lots of good things in cooked tomatoes.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-30-2004, 08:04 PM
treehugging clicker freak

that makes me hungry lol! It would be awsome if someone could give links to a site of recipies or post a new thread with recipies *hints*

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 12-30-2004, 09:04 PM
Show Dog

Thank you Renee, you made _me_ hungry, too. I agree with Brattina, how cool would that be? A site of Recipes or a thread with one. (double hints)
Old 12-30-2004, 09:08 PM
Felurian

Are we talking dog recipes or people recipes, or recipes that both would like?

I've got stacks of cookbooks and files of recipes and scads of bookmarked recipe sites, but the awful thing is that unless I'm baking, I almost never use a recipe; just make it up off the top of my head.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-02-2005, 08:12 PM
Top Dog

I just found this link looking around and thought I would share it.

http://www.greenpets.com/page/18-399.htm
Old 01-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Felurian

Nice link; thanks!

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Active Pup

I feed Nutra Nuggets, Eukanuba Premium Performance and Iams Puppy! Have been feeding these foods for YEARS now to old and young dogs! Have never had any problems with any of it! I do cook a chicken occasionally and add rice to it and top dress the food with it for a "change" have also been told to wet the dry food to aid in digestion in the stomach. I am feeding 6 dogs and no way could I cook for them or buy $50 a bag food! Not to mention I drive 3 hrs each way for the Nutra Nuggets and the others are 1 1/2 hrs away! I think I do my part! I feel as though any Premium food from a pet store or vet is better then Wal mart food or the grocery store! We all do what we can and what works for us! But come on Dogs have been eating trash for years and living! think about what your grandparents fed their dogs...mine fed their poodles table scraps...doesn't make it right I know but they lived to be 16 and 17! I am not bad mouthing anyone that has the time to cook for their dog but...is that as balanced and healthy as something that has been scientifically developed to feed a dog not a human? Just my personal opinions hope I do not offend anyone with it!
Fritzi-13 yr German Shepherd, Kaycee-7yr Golden, Xoom-4yr Malinois, Zona-1yr Cattle Dog, Jolet-7mos. Malinois, Clinton-7mos Choc Lab. Clinton is a rescue dog he was found wondering the streets of Clinton Oklahoma. Xoom was also a rescue dog and spayed but she is the reason I fell in love with the Malinois and bought Jolet! We have high hopes for her! We are busy titling Zona in obedience and herding...maybe agility next! Fritzi was my obedience dog a long time ago! She is now retired! She is an OTCH dog! Hope I can get Zona and Jolet that far as well!
I also have 8 barn kitties and 40 cows.