Have not ate in TWO days!

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
My sheltie crew have decided to boycott their dog food. Its been two days since I have seen them eat more than a bite of their food! They are not sick, they play, look fine, and will take a treat or people food in a heart beat!

I normally feed them twice a day, and give them 20 minutes to eat. And if they do not finish I will pick it up. Well, they havent ate more than a bite of it in two days! So I left a bowl of dry food out and its been setting there for hours!

Do your dogs ever do this? I was thinking that maybe they just HATE blue buffalo canned food mixed with the dry, but they will not eat the dry either, so I am clueless why they do not want to eat!

I only give them 1 milkbone each a day, and a few of those really small Zuke's training treats. So they are not getting full of treat! Oh, and i fed them a little piece of string cheese this morning. I would think they would be hungry by now.

silly shelties!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
That's strange for shelties, mine were always pigs and would eat literally anything you gave them. They're a breed that's known to get fat pretty easy too.

My paps are like that though in that they'll just not eat for a day or two. Summer is the worst, she will refuse food quite often. I used to worry but I don't anymore. She's very good at maintaining her own weight and will eat if she's hungry enough, I've found.

Did you change food or anything?

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm thinking the same thing about if the food brand was changed.

Maybe it's weather related also.

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
we are having a cool front. so its not very hot at all here.

i changed their food about 2 1/2 months ago and they have been eating it fine until now.

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
I figured it out! I actually did change foods.

First off, my dogs will not eat plain dog food. They like canned in it. (just a spoonful is fine)
I switched the canned food!

I didnt think about that earlier. and that is exactaly what the problem was!
Ruckus and Lynn will not eat blue buffalo canned food! I gave my last can to my mom and her shih tzu would not eat it either!

Doberdogs

Living on Doberman Drive
My sheltie crew have decided to boycott their dog food. Its been two days since I have seen them eat more than a bite of their food! They are not sick, !
And how do you know this? Have you ran bloodwork? X-rays? Etc?

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
LOL I cannot give my extra cans of blue buffalo to anyone! No bodies dog will eat it! not mine, moms two, my bosses dog, or my friends dog.

Thats what I get for buying a big case of something new i guess.

it would be better to stick with those dog foods that your pet already used to.. just make sure all they need is covered by the food.

Every now and then, at least one of ours will have a day where they will turn their noses up at their food and just not eat. I won't feed them anything until time to eat the next day. By then, they are ready and eat good. I fed Blue Buffalo once before, it was the dry but mine hated it. So I changed that and they started eating again fine. They just didn't like that food.

Members online

No members online now.