Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 08-26-2009, 08:42 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Switch to raw. Seriously

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 08-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Top Dog

What was the intestinal "bug"? It may, as posted earlier not be all the way gone yet. Coccidia is common, and takes some persistance to get rid of. Be sure to finnish the treatment all the way, then look into a quality food, free of corn, wheat, soy and by-products. You may need to look at some like Natural Balance for sensitive stomaches.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Yorkie Love

I would look for a food with a single protein source.. try a food with Duck as the protein source it is very good for dogs with sensitive stomachs... FROMM makes one, so does Eagle Pack and Natural Balance.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Top Dog

I would want to be sure the intestinal problem/bug isn't back or maybe never completely went away.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb View Post
I would want to be sure the intestinal problem/bug isn't back or maybe never completely went away.
Agreed. If the intestinal problem is still there, NO food will make a difference.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Show Dog

I haven't read through all of the posts, but...

Have you considered switching to a raw diet? This has completely eliminated loose stools in my dogs and puppies (I breed dachshunds). Also, they poop about 60% less, which is amazing!

As a PP mentioned, try a tablespoon of pumpkin - just the regular canned pumpkin, no sweetener or spices in it.

It could also be worms or coccidia. Try worming her with Safeguard:

Safeguard Goat Wormer, 100 mL - 2226898 | Tractor Supply Company

(I use 1ml per 10 pounds - VERY safe to use and will kill a lot of different types)

If it's coccidia you'll have to get an oral medicine from the vet called albon. It may take up to 2 weeks of this medicine to get rid of it.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:28 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorlino View Post
I haven't read through all of the posts, but...

Have you considered switching to a raw diet? This has completely eliminated loose stools in my dogs and puppies (I breed dachshunds). Also, they poop about 60% less, which is amazing!

As a PP mentioned, try a tablespoon of pumpkin - just the regular canned pumpkin, no sweetener or spices in it.

It could also be worms or coccidia. Try worming her with Safeguard:

Safeguard Goat Wormer, 100 mL - 2226898 | Tractor Supply Company

(I use 1ml per 10 pounds - VERY safe to use and will kill a lot of different types)

If it's coccidia you'll have to get an oral medicine from the vet called albon. It may take up to 2 weeks of this medicine to get rid of it.
Our vet uses Amprolium 9.6%. It is slightly more potent than Albon, and also used for horses. We had a coccidia problem with a puppy a few years ago, and was "ify" when he put her on Amprolium. But it knocked it out really quick.