Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 08-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Felurian

Exclamation Health Help Sites Listings

Thought it might be a good idea to have a thread with links to sites and resources for people with dog health issues, whether they're support sites or links to assistance with paying, etc.

I'll start it here, and then after we get a good list started, probably move it to the Health section.

Karen's (JRTRattieMom) site she built after her JRT, Lucy, lost her sight:

Blind Dogs.net - Where dogs see with their heart!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-18-2009, 03:11 AM
Terrier Lover!

Hi Renee

Thanks so much for sharing Lucy's blind dog resource web site here! In talking with blind dog owners over the past 5 1/2 years, I've learned that so many times (especially in older dogs) blindness is only one health issue the dog owner is facing. Many are dealing with other things such as diabetes, kidney disease, heart disease etc. One of the most helpful resources I've found that both informs & personally supports owners, plus cover a large number of different health issues is a group on Yahoo Groups called: CCAC (CanineCushings-AutoimmuneCare)
CanineCushings-AutoimmuneCare : Cushing's Syndrome | Autoimmune Disease

The CCAC Mission Statement:
CCAC is an international community of lay people and veterinarians interested in hyperadrenocorticism, canine Cushing's syndrome, steroid hormone aberrations and associated disorders (e.g. liver disease, pancreatitis, diabetes, IBD, kidney disease, UTI, bladder stones, incontinence, heart disease, hypertension, thromboembolism, hypothyroidism, myotonia, arthritis, osteoporosis, calcinosis cutis, SARDS, cancer, pituitary/adrenal tumors, seizures, Alopecia X, hyperestrinism, autoimmune polyglandular syndromes, iatrogenic hypoadrenocorticism/Addison's, Addisonian crisis).
We offer a wide range of educational resources, including the support and experiences of other pet owners, the expertise of veterinarians, a guest speaker program, tools to help you monitor your pet's health and a full-featured website. We value critical thinking and present current, factual and balanced information. Discussions focus on the etiology, signalment, clinical signs, laboratory findings, diagnosis, medical/surgical treatment options, cutting-edge therapies (e.g. Dermatonin implant, stereotactic radiation, hypophysectomy) and long-term management of Cushings (typical, atypical, iatrogenic) in dogs and cats.
Other topics include evidence- and science-based CAVM, the role of lifestyle, genetic and environmental risk factors, vaccination, therapeutic nutrition, homemade diets, physiology, physical therapy, financial aid and hospice care. Scientific papers, conference proceedings, journal articles and endocrine disease in other species are also discussed.

I hope this will be a helpful addition to your list of resources!

Old 11-21-2009, 04:52 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Addisions AddisonDogs

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 12-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Puppy Dog

Friends of Animals will send a spay or neuter certificate for a very low cost if you are willing to use a participating vet. The costs are as follows:

Spay/Neuter Certificates and Certificate Cost
Female Cat Spay $65.00
Male Cat Neuter $51.00
Female Dog Spay $90.00
Male Dog Neuter $64.00

You send them the money, they send you the certificate. You then make the appointment with a participating vet in your area (they send a list by email) and done!

Last edited by Mjjean; 12-11-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Active Pup

Default haya all

thanx for the info

Last edited by eddieq; 12-13-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:04 PM
overdogged

canine epilepsy

fantastic epilepsy mailing list on this site

orthodogs yahoo group- all orthopedic issues
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 04-26-2010, 07:24 AM
Active Pup

Default Great idea

Thanks for all the sites some have been super useful,

I go on to Dogs | Horse & Country TV website | H&C TV

has lots of advice and you can email and ask the experts
Old 08-19-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm a dog lover, and you?

Thanks for all the info, I have just finished writing a long post about all sort of sites that can be helpful when looking for quality information, just keep in mind that you need to consult your vet, he will always have the best answers for you.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Active Pup

I really do not know about this kind of information. I never heard this kind of information before this. Thanks a lot for sharing such useful information for my doge.....
Old 08-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Active Pup

Thanks for the info! I have a Red Siberian Husky that is completely blind, but she is still as happy as can be