Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 08-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Kotah BEAR

That is one super large Boston Terrier. lol jk

She is absolutely gorgeous! I love that she's black and white, I can honestly say she's the first B&W Boxer I've seen.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
That is one super large Boston Terrier. lol jk

She is absolutely gorgeous! I love that she's black and white, I can honestly say she's the first B&W Boxer I've seen.
lol so now I feel bad saying this but uh.. she's not black. She's a very dark brown it was said earlier in the thread... atleast, I think so. Going back and reading it now, it's confusing sounding lol

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 08-05-2009, 10:19 PM
suthrnladi

Dakotah:
There's actually no such thing as a black boxer. It's a very common misconception though because they are so dark. Juno is a reverse seal brindle.
"Reverse Seal Brindle is most commonly referred to as a “Black Boxer”. There is no such thing as a black boxer since the boxer breed does not carry the black gene. A reverse seal brindle is when a boxer has such heavy stripe pattern that the brindle overtakes the fawn and only in certain lighting can the fawn be seen underneath the brindle pattern. Usually the fawn is the darker mahogany color instead of the lighter fawn and it could be seen around the withers, ears and chest.

**PLEASE BE AWARE OF BREEDERS WHO ARE ADVERTISING RARE BLACK BOXERS-THESE BOXERS ARE EITHER BRED WITH ANOTHER BREED TO CREATE BLACK IN THE LINE (WHICH MEANS IT IS NOT A PUREBRED BOXER) OR IT IS A REVERSE THAT A BREEDER IS TRYING TO SELL AT A HIGHER COST**"

Boxer Forums • View topic - Difference in the Colors of a Boxer Coat

thx SWC
Old 08-05-2009, 10:20 PM
suthrnladi

Jess looks like we were posting at the same time....LOL

thx SWC
Old 08-05-2009, 10:22 PM
orange iguanas.

Thank you At her vet appointment last week she was roughly around 24 pounds, so she's probably only a pound or 2 heavier now. I first got her in the kiddie pool when she was like... 9 or 10 weeks old? I had to sit in it with her and give her treats to get her okay with it. She'll very rarely go in far enough that she's actually swimming, but she likes water enough that she'll walk pretty far out and I can get her to fetch toys out of the water. I've been thinking about getting her a life jacket to see if that would make her more comfortable with swimming. And, the bonus of a water-tolerant dog is that she also doesn't mind being in the rain.

Edit// Yep, genetically boxers aren't black. But sometimes the brindling is so heavy, that they look pretty darn close to it.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 08-06-2009, 10:26 PM
suthrnladi

our drought is so bad, I've had to quit filling the kiddie pool for fear of the well going dry, darn it. But I'm going to work on his water tolerence as soon as we get some rain. Shane the first LOVED water, and would take any chance possible to go swimming, and I did absolutely nothing to encourage it, like he was born that way.... So this is just different for me. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm gonna give them a try.

thx SWC