The art of racing in the rain.

Dogs6

Plus One
I have read it. Good book but a bit sad. Not what I would usually read but told by a dog. So i got it and couldn't put it down. I have read hundreds of books and only I handful have made me cry, this is one of them.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I read it and loved it :)
I like marley & me more, but it was also a great book!

i think i wouldve liked it more if i knew anything about cars lol
but still, i highly suggest it!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
My mechanic told me to read it. Said he enjoyed it and he thought i would really like it but I haven't found a copy yet.

Shiba Rawr

I found this book while searching books on Amazon. :]
I wasn't able to order it, but I can't help but think about the little bit I read every now and again! I want to read this book!
It's good to know it is in fact worth the read...Yes?

michaelf

It didn't leave me feeling good.
Without giving too much away, I think if you like actual car racing, you're a step ahead. I do not.
I skipped whole paragraphs because I do not like any sports, and had no problem following the story anyway.

Monza

I've heard really good things about it from another of people, but also heard it was a bit sad. I happen to be into racing, so probably a little better for me, and just ordered it for my father in law who is also into racing and dogs.

I've finished it! My parents are big Formula One racing fans. We know a guy whos one of the top guys and everything so they always go see them when they're close. So I know a little bit about racing.. This is different though, but car racing always interested me.

The book was really good. Not so much about the dog, but just from the dogs POV. I really enjoyed it.

can someone please tell me what it is about???
sure!
If you've ever wondered what your dog is thinking, Stein's third novel offers an answer. Enzo is a lab terrier mix plucked from a farm outside Seattle to ride shotgun with race car driver Denny Swift as he pursues success on the track and off. Denny meets and marries Eve, has a daughter, Zoë, and risks his savings and his life to make it on the professional racing circuit. Enzo, frustrated by his inability to speak and his lack of opposable thumbs, watches Denny's old racing videos, coins koanlike aphorisms that apply to both driving and life, and hopes for the day when his life as a dog will be over and he can be reborn a man. When Denny hits an extended rough patch, Enzo remains his most steadfast if silent supporter.

Amanda885

Wow..seems like a lot of you have read it. I have not but looks like I should hit up amazon and snag a copy. Thanks for the recommendations..seems like a good book.

Members online

No members online now.