Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 07-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolas Dad View Post
Any good reputable breeder will NOT SHIP a dog. They will require that the future owner comes and picks up the dog themselves. A puppy mill broker on the other hand will ship dogs all day long.
thats an incredibly broad and IMO ridiculous statement. plenty of pets go through travel totally fine, and plenty of GOOD breeders ship.
the ideal thing would be for owners to pick up their new puppy, but that isn't always possible. good breeders build up a solid relationship with buyers, especially those who plan on shipping and go from there.

Shipping is done only when weather is very good. dogs are put into a safe crate, sometimes even zip tied shut. with some water frozen and comfortable bedding

accidents do happen, and I feel for those who have lost pets during shipping. but the MAJORITY of animals that are shipped are totally fine when they arrive

as long as the breeder has a good relationship who hes shipping the pup to, and the people are on time and ready to pick up their new family member, then Im all for it.

I would love to go fly to a breeder to pick up my future puppy, but sometimes that isn't possible and the $300 shipping fee is just more do-able.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Quote:
Any good reputable breeder will NOT SHIP a dog. They will require that the future owner comes and picks up the dog themselves. A puppy mill broker on the other hand will ship dogs all day long.
Thank you for calling Smudge's breeder irreputable. Maybe you need to get to know people within the dog show world a little better. So far you have come off as a donkey, but thank you.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 07-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Just try me..

hmmm so if I ship a puppy to say.... ohh Georgia that makes me bad, but if it works out that the new owner is coming up and ends up picking up the pup then I am ok?

what a load of hooey!
Old 07-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Top Dog

Guess you can include me too Mafia !!! I would never buy on line without someone personally knowng the kennel and have them sent sight unseen . This gal picked out her pup at 4 weeks and had to wait until I'd ship at 12 weeks . Add: I also had one from Florida , but she prefered to drive up and pick her's up . Then there was a litter of Bubba's in Cleveland .....three pups were driven to me for their new homes . Luckily I had a good following and no one was disappointed .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 07-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

I failed to see the memo that only puppymill breeders can ship...
Old 07-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MafiaPrincess View Post
Thank you for calling Smudge's breeder irreputable. Maybe you need to get to know people within the dog show world a little better. So far you have come off as a donkey, but thank you.
I am entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours. We are both entitled to disagree with each others opinions but that does not give anyone the right to call each other names. What are we school children on a playground?
Old 07-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

So you can essentially call her dog a product of a mill of BYB but she can't offer a rebuttal?

Your logic is FAIL, good sir.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
I am entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours. We are both entitled to disagree with each others opinions but that does not give anyone the right to call each other names. What are we school children on a playground?
you didn't state your opinion, nowhere in that post did you say "in my opinion" or "As far as Ive seen" or anything like that. you made a big generalized and insulting statement to not only those who breed dogs and ship pups responsibly, but those who own dogs from breeders who ship. and you expect people not to get offended?

"Any good reputable breeder will NOT SHIP a dog"
Old 07-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Top Dog

Easy folks !!!! There are many different situations !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 07-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Ho ho ho off.

I don't think the issue is transporting an animal.

I think the issue is about the method of transportation.

I'd have real issue putting a dog in a cargo hold. Airlines are NOTORIOUS for losing and breaking things, no matter how comfy and warm the dog is I would not trust a 3rd party to look after my baby (essentially what a puppy is).

I wouldn't fly my niece out to France in the cargo, no matter how warm and cosy her crib was.

Not that I have a niece, but it's the same thing to me.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein