Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolas Dad View Post
Any good reputable breeder will NOT SHIP a dog. They will require that the future owner comes and picks up the dog themselves. A puppy mill broker on the other hand will ship dogs all day long.
thats an incredibly broad and IMO ridiculous statement. plenty of pets go through travel totally fine, and plenty of GOOD breeders ship.
the ideal thing would be for owners to pick up their new puppy, but that isn't always possible. good breeders build up a solid relationship with buyers, especially those who plan on shipping and go from there.

Shipping is done only when weather is very good. dogs are put into a safe crate, sometimes even zip tied shut. with some water frozen and comfortable bedding

accidents do happen, and I feel for those who have lost pets during shipping. but the MAJORITY of animals that are shipped are totally fine when they arrive

as long as the breeder has a good relationship who hes shipping the pup to, and the people are on time and ready to pick up their new family member, then Im all for it.

I would love to go fly to a breeder to pick up my future puppy, but sometimes that isn't possible and the $300 shipping fee is just more do-able.