Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 07-25-2009, 06:04 AM
Big Dog

There are always some people who make sense out of nonsense. It is amazing how many guardians for genetically degenerated and crippled by neutering and spaying dogs. Just take a look back, in times, when all glorious hunting dogs had been developed. They were bred selectively for working ability, brains and endurance. Bad dogs were killed, often by hanging. When caring of you neutered and spayed dogs, you satisfy your lust for control over disabled animals, so-called "family members", but you do disservice to the breed. All that guardianship is the first step towards eliminating dog ownership altogether. This is what animal rightists want. Those of us, who value dogs as dogs, our friends and companions, should stand united against this slimy ideology, creeping from town to town and from state to state. Watch for politicians before voting. For the improvement of breed, it does not matter how individual animals die or become neutered and spayed, which in evolutionary sense is the same as death. What matters is what kind of dogs live and porcreate. This is what is a serious matter of concern. Indifference will kill your dog haveing and breeding hobby. Way of life is shaping every breed. Disabled, spayed, neutered and chronically ill dogs are good for obese and lazy people, mainly urbanites. Who takes care of preservation of dogs needed by able bodied people, who like outdoors?
Old 07-25-2009, 08:01 AM
Top Dog

So....because my dogs are fixed, I'm obese and lazy? If anything, spaying them has INCREASED their energy level. We go hiking, jogging, and swimming all the time.

Oops, guess I better stop, because only intact dogs are worth anything

And yes, I care about the treatment of individual animals. I care about stopping the abuse and unneccesary killing. Guess that makes me an evil ARista.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picklepaige View Post
So....because my dogs are fixed, I'm obese and lazy? If anything, spaying them has INCREASED their energy level. We go hiking, jogging, and swimming all the time.
Altering has not decreased either of my dogs energy one bit.

Actually, I do have a disabled dog who became disabled *before* he was altered. I *thought* I did a service to the breed by altering him, but come to find out I should have actually lynched him from the tree out back.

To each his own. You go on and hang your "companions" because they are not physically perfect, and I'll enjoy life with mine.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Resident fainting goat

Kenya is spayed because I adopted her and it was mandatory. but regardless, I would've spayed her anyway. but I guess that makes me a "bad dog owner"

she also lives inside and goes to the vet.. shame on me lol maybe we should all just let the dogs in shelters die and go out and get ourselves some huntin dogs!! lol get off ur high horse ufimch, you are not the all supreme dog owner and your judgements are hurtful to some.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransheska101 View Post
Kenya is spayed because I adopted her and it was mandatory. but regardless, I would've spayed her anyway. but I guess that makes me a "bad dog owner"
Lol Fransheska, I don't think you're "obese" either.

ufimych, I think you're romanticizing... intact dogs, of all things.

Really, dogs are dogs and act pretty much like dogs whether they have their testicles and ovaries or not. It's a convenience thing, here anyways. Lots of hog hunters (you can't tell me they don't have some pretty hardcore dogs) have their catchdogs fixed... because pits are a dime a dozen and honestly, why go through the extra effort of keeping them all intact?

Now as I related with cats, and I know with horses and bulls as well, keeping them intact for a while makes them more muscled.

But behavior wise, I dunno. I don't miss the intact animal traits too much.

ufimych, very few people on chazhound are for animal "guardianship" and mandatory spay/neuter. Most pretty much want to let you do what you want with your dog (ie, your PROPERTY). You're preaching to the choir here.

I'm not sure what you want in regards to breeding? I agree with culling. Are you saying we should all work our dogs and breed them?
Old 07-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Remembering Casey ♥

Umm..

My yorkie is spayed. She was spayed at 6 months. She sleeps in my bed with me. She goes to the vet when needed..She is not lazy, I am not lazy nor obese.

My dog is a spayed "frou frou" dog.

She can catch rabbits. She can do alot of things.

I wish that yorkies were still used as hunting dogs. She has the highest drive i have ever seen in a dog. And i have been around ALOT of hunting stock.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Felurian

The most effective way for me to guard my dogs and keep them safe is to be their OWNER. As an OWNER I have broad and far reaching rights over my PROPERTY, among those rights being the right to defend that property from harm or theft. This includes the right to defend them from ARistas.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by summitview View Post
Just a note since a couple of you responded to my use of the term guardian:

I'm proud to be a guardian.
I appreciate the list. I'll make sure to steer clear of those towns.

I'm proud to be a dog owner.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 07-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgipower View Post
I appreciate the list. I'll make sure to steer clear of those towns.

I'm proud to be a dog owner.
Got that, CP. We should take it farther and let their Chambers of Commerce know that we will not do business, either in person or via internet with businesses located there and will be sure to route any vacation or travel plans elsewhere.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Obey the Toad.

There was talk a few years ago about designating horses "companion animals" with "guardians" a few years ago in some areas and for the most part the horse community stood strong against it (it leaves the door open for laws against riding them, driving them, etc). I wish we could see that sort of solidarity in the dog world with these things.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.