Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy's Valkyrie View Post
As long as one of the parents was dark you should be fine though if the parent was dark with the same merle *spotting in the coat color* pattern within the dark colors there's still a possibility of double merle genetic problems. Honestly the first thing I thought when I saw pictures was double merle too but lets hope he's not! Cute as a button though, hope the parasites go away sooner rather than later and if you have any more food questions, there are a ton of opinions to be found in the Dog Food and Recipes section
Quote:
Thanks for the compliment..Also we went with the canidae all life stages any evrything seems to be ok. We do have to take back a stool sample to the vet to see if the meds worked for the parasite issue.
(I'm a huge sucker for merles) The little guy actually looks a lot like Steve (the border collie) with a totally merle and white coat. Hope the breeder wasn't mixing BC's in!
there was one single border collie on the breeder farm but it doesnt matter to me if there was a mix...Riley is a great puppy and that what matter to me and the family!!!
SIDE NOTE : not sure if this matters but the breeder point out all of rileys family members ....Grandparents ,Parents, Uncles, Aunts ,Cousins ...he had the entire family tree there!!! Unless it was BS???? I cant be 100% sure cause my wife and kids went to pick the puppy up.