Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2009, 07:23 PM
ACoops favorite

Default Puppies and RAW

Hi everybody!

Hope you are all well.

I'm sorry if this has been posted before- I did three searches, my last search I typed in "Raw puppies" and laughed at myself when I caught what I did.

Anyway, I guess risking being redundant, I'm going to get a samoyed puppy at some point in the next year.

Before you ask any of the normal "did you go to a good breeder" questions, the answer is yes, and you can check out my previous post here: http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t101448/

Anyway, is it better to feed a growing puppy raw or kibble? The kibble would be a really good type, like Fromm's and maybe supplemented with cow tripe, RMBs, and fish oil.

OR should I start out with mostly RAW?

Male samoyeds can be anywhere from 50 to 70 lbs- mostly they weigh in at about 60 lbs full grown, and the puppy will be male.

Not that they're a giant dog, but I'm concerned about kibble regarding the calcium/phosphate ratios and the puppy's bones growing too quickly. Even and slow growth while maintaining the proper nutritional balance is difficult. I just don't know which way to go.

If I do go RAW, how would I calculate how much of what to feed the pup?