What was Fozzy?

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Hey guys!

I was gonna post this ages ago, and forgot. :p

I wanted to have some fun with folks guessing what my last dog was. His name was Fozzy and he was a wonderful dog to grow up with.

We rescued him at a year old, and he lives to a good age of 13 before my brother and I made the hard decision to put him down due to extreme pain from leg/hip tumours.

FYI: His ears were full-prick his whole life. The one flops in the photos because these were all when he was older, and he had surgery at about 11 to remove a hematoma that wound up perma-flopping his ear.

Also, the black on his face was much more pronounced when he was younger... I'll do my best to find some older pics. He's pretty chunky in these photos too, as opposed to when younger... yay for feeding IAMS.

In the meantime... these were taken at 12-13 years old. :) Have a guess! My guess was usually husky/border collie. Definitely border collie in him, especially personality-wise, which is what drew me to the breed.

Big, clear photo:

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I was going to say GSD mix with some sort of spitz. Maybe some retriever too? Other than the prick ears he looks a LOT like my old GSD/golden.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
ok so I have no guess but... whenever you talked about him, I don't know... I always imagined him as a small dog, grey and white lol

Snip

Banned
If you swapped the grey for tan, he looks a lot like (except smaller) a GSD/newf cross I had. The only other difference was mine had flop ears instead of prick ears.

Dekka

Just try me..
I have seen a few known collie GSD crosses that looked a LOT like him.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I'm gonna add as well...

His body shape looks a lot like Rosey's, even the coloring if you change it to tans as opposed to blacks, greys and whites, looks like her in a way.

She's border collie/GSD/terrier/water dog mix
I know, lots :p lol

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I have seen a few known collie GSD crosses that looked a LOT like him.
That's the other guess we got ALL the time for Shack. I'm pretty convinced he was a golden mix instead of collie so I always called him a GSD/golden. He could've been a GSD/collie pretty easily as both breeds were common in that area. All we know for sure was his mom was a purebred, registered GSD. The issue with collie (for both dogs) would be I'd assume the snout would be a lot longer and narrower.

Interestingly enough I've seen a TON of mutts with this look, especially in the shelter. I want to take them all home because they look like my old boy. :lol-sign:

I saw chow too! Im not sure why though. Ugh he was gorgeous. So fluffy, like a big pillow!

We had a husky/mal/gsd when I was little that resembles him a smidge

My Napa. I don't remember the %'s. But I know she was half something and 1/4 of the other 2. Mom or dad was purebred, the other was half and half. I WANNA say she was half mal...

Members online

No members online now.