Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-09-2005, 04:30 PM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca_
My husband says Kokomo is like an annoying flea. My dogs have alot of patience, alot of dogs wouldnt put up with how Kokomo acts sometimes.

Well yeah, obviously.

My dog doesnt react to the dogs he knows. They can sometimes literally walk on him, hump him, try to bite his tail. He couldnt care less. But if a new dog does any of the above...
Old 09-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Felurian

Mine pretty much just ignore small dogs who are being obnoxious. Fila are very non-dog aggressive normally. Bimmer will eventually get annoyed and snap, but won't actually hurt a small dog. Shiva and Kharma seem to think it's comical.

On the very rare occasions when another dog has tried to hump Shiva, she's just knocked them off and returned the favor!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Are you dead yet?

I find it obnoxious when a dog of ANY size tries to pick a fight with mine. Whether it's a Chihuahua pestering us, or a Pit Bull, I hate it all the same. (Although I'm more likely to start defending myself and my dogs if it is a Pit or other large, powerful breed.)

I can't stand dog-aggressive dogs, period. If someone has a dog aggressive dog, I understand that the only way to get it better with other dogs is desensitization, but DO NOT use strangers and their innocent dogs as a tool for training. It is frustrating and if something goes wrong, THEIR dog is the one that pays the price. It's a pet peeve of mine to be taking my good, non dog-aggressive babies out for a relaxing walk, and have it turned into a stressful and damaging experience for them by people with their aggressive dogs.
</rant>
Old 09-09-2005, 11:08 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

My mom's shih tzu pug, shelby HATED Teddy when she first met him. She was so jealous and was so mad at me because i went and got another dog poor girl. Everytime he would come near her she would growl at him, no biting though. Everytime I would go near her or talk to her she would turn her back to me. LOL I am dead serious. she just turns her nose up at me as if to say "How DARE you" lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-09-2005, 11:11 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
Mine pretty much just ignore small dogs who are being obnoxious. Fila are very non-dog aggressive normally. Bimmer will eventually get annoyed and snap, but won't actually hurt a small dog. Shiva and Kharma seem to think it's comical.
On the very rare occasions when another dog has tried to hump Shiva, she's just knocked them off and returned the favor!
HAHA it makes me picture that cartoon with the big bulldog and the little jack russel that is a spaz. "what are we doing today spike...huh spike....huh" lol bouncing around and stuff lol and he's just like ugh lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-09-2005, 11:16 PM
Walks into Mordor

I think dog attitude is best summed up in a quote I read in a book once (Forgive me if it's not exact, my memory's a little rusty):

"A chihuahua will jump on you and get mad if you don't fall over. A rottweiler will jump on you and know you will fall over. And a great dane will jump on you and not understand why you fell over."
Old 09-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19
HAHA it makes me picture that cartoon with the big bulldog and the little jack russel that is a spaz. "what are we doing today spike...huh spike....huh" lol bouncing around and stuff lol and he's just like ugh lol
LOL! I thought I was the only one who remembered that one I used to think about it often when there was a Jack Russell living in the trailer park next to us. He'd come over to go hunting with Bimmer down in the woods. He actually learned the value of being quiet while hunting . . . finally

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian