Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 05-27-2009, 12:00 AM
koda bear

If you would have caught it right away Hydrogen pyroxide will make them throw up but only give a small capfull. Are you sure he ingested the strings and he didnt just chew them off and there around the carpet.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:04 AM
Thanks, and Gig 'em.

I dunno that's a tough one. It looks like a lot for such a small dog but then again, it's just fiber and if they're individual strands they should pass regardless.

I'd say just monitor him.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- 'WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!!' " - Author Unknown
Old 05-27-2009, 07:11 AM
Your Mom

Truthfully I've seen small dogs pass much more than that with no problem. I have had clients dogs poop out entire piles of just string from rope toys, barbie heads, dice, undies, and size D bras among other items. Just keep an eye on him. If he shows any signs of distress bring him into the vet.

I also had a friend who's dog at a rubber glove. It didn't pass for 3 months but never caused a problem. So again, if you know your dog and how they normally act, if he is acting any different I would bring him to the vet.

Oldham's Goddess of War CGC, PSA1, CL1-F "Teeny"
Connors' Baloo CGC, TT "Blue"
Old 05-27-2009, 08:26 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

I seriously would not worry. Just keep an eye on him. Those fibres are just cotton and will more then likely be disolved or just passed.
Ben ate some of my mothers sewing cotton a few days ago and I only found out when he did some serious poop sausages. LOL! They were all attached to the string and I had to pull it out.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/