Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 05-25-2009, 02:40 AM
Taxiderpy

From what I have seen in the breed, they are like any other breed that gains in popularity. The back yard bred/puppymill strains tend to be neurotic on the aggressive/destructo side, and the well bred strains tend to be typical terriers. Highly active, drivey, intelligent dogs that need a lot of interaction, training, and handling from their owners.

If you were to get one, I would go with a responsible breeder and meet the parents if possible to find out if they are sane or not. It would be a huge plus if the parents had some certifications, like CGC, TT, or TDI to prove their mental stability, but then that goes for any dog. Or you could go through a rescue, and adopt an adult that has been assessed and found to be stable.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:53 AM
Resident fainting goat

A lot of people in new york have them, supposedly they are great apartment dogs.

They have a "wheaten greetin" lol cuz they have a really cute way they greet their people, they are born brown and then go blond. From what ive seen, they are sweet dogs and look a lot like teddy bears as pups
Old 05-25-2009, 10:38 AM
Top Dog

My neighbor had a wheaten mix, she even got along with my DA dog. We lost her to cancer in October 2007. ):
Old 05-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Big Dog

The ones I've met remind me of a snarky, smaller version of the labradoodles/goldendoodles we get in this area. They have no attention span and can't sit still for a nanosecond. They are on my most dreaded list for bathing.

In all fairness, the ones I've met are most likely the products of BYBs and puppymills, so a well-bred wheaten may be an entirely different dog. I would absolutely suggest meeting a breeder's dogs before buying one.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:14 PM
Top Dog

My doctor 2 from same litter ( Tut-tut ! ) and ended up re-homing one . Double Terror !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 05-25-2009, 01:47 PM
Big Dog

I've only ever met one wheaten and she is just adorable. Very friendly, gets along well with both dogs and people and is very energetic, but she is still just a puppy less than a year old so I don't know how she will be when mature. I hope she doesn't change much from how she is now, though.