Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2009, 01:06 AM
Snow Girl

I've never owned my own horse but I do ride. I just recently started back into it after having been away for nearly 2 very long years. At one stable we take in abused horses and give them a loving forever home where we rehabilitate them (if the right home happens along we will place the horse but usually they stay till the end). I do a lot of the training along with the owner.

The other stable is a breeding stable of sport-horse type American Bashkir Curlies, I exercise them along with my boyfriend for the owner. Mainly we do hacking as we find it a lot more fun than ring work LOL The owner is a super-nice lady and allows us to have a lot of freedom with her horses which is pretty cool. Our last hack we went for 3hours and we only discovered a small portion of the many many miles of trails she has that lead right off her property! Its fantastic! And even better, the trail footing is PERFECT! Some sections are even SANDY!!!

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"