Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 05-14-2009, 06:57 AM
Puppy Dog

Hey, yep I get the bone out when she starts chewing my floor (of all things) let her have it for a bit then take it (trade it)..seems to work.

7-8 sleep I still had to get up at 5 am to take her out,,,good job I'm at home most days.

How does one have a young dog and manage to leave for work for the hole day. I guess you cant.....I'm off for a nap,dogs passed out.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:02 AM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
How does one have a young dog and manage to leave for work for the hole day. I guess you cant.....I'm off for a nap,dogs passed out.
Haha!! It's not easy!! But the sleepless nights usually don't last too long. I always tried to get puppies when I had some time off from work. I also was working at a kennel, so puppies could go with me to work.

It certainly helps when someone is able to be home for most of the day.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 05-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Puppy Dog

Yer, I mean there will be 2 off us looking after her and its still going to be hard work.

One thing how long normally would you say that puppies grow out of the barking thing when you leave them alone?.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:58 PM
suthrnladi

Question HELP> I have similar problem.

I've been reading the problem about the puppy barking and whining when left alone. I have a similar problem. I rescued a boxer puppy (8weeks). I have both the travel crate and an I crate that I've set up for his size. But whenever I put him in either, he cries and barks and whines sometimes for an hour. Then he'll stop for awhile and start up again, (especially if he hears anyone moving around in the house.) I've put the travel crate in the spare bedroom, hoping to get some sleep. I gave him an old T-shirt and a Kong puppy chew toy. But it doesn't seem to be working. It's been a week tomorrow, shouldn't he be getting better? He still wets in his crate, but has stopped pooping in it, thank goodness. I want to be able to crate him when I leave, even if other family members are home, at least until he's house broken, but my husband can't stand the barking and whining. Any ideas?
HELP.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Big Dog

^In my experience, actually, it's really just sticking 'by the book' and putting 'faith' in you what you're doing. =P

My situation was a little different, however. We did something a little bit unorthodox, we unlocked the crate (but put her in a confined area). We then lined puppy pads outside the crate (covering the ENTIRE bathroom floor ) . Thus, she had the mobility to go in and out and do her business. That is..we HOPED (this would backfire often).

It's all very strange to me (I'm by no means a dog expert). Because like magic one day...she just...stopped crying =]