Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 05-12-2009, 07:20 AM
Active Pup

Default Blade HELP !!!

I am having a bad blade week!!! It seems like when one of my blades goes wonky they all do it. I have 8 dull #10's and 4 dull #7f's. They all did it at once. I grabbed one fresh out of the package (sharpened by Mink) and it was as dull as the rest. What is going on? Sometimes they will work a minute if I give them a heavy dose of Kool lube.

The man at my regular sharpening service passed away so I've been sending my blades to MInk. Before he died I NEVER used kool lube, I just parked my blade and got a cool one. Now my blade will go through the fur for a second and bog down.

Are there any good sharpeners out there? Please help if you know one, I have a busy salon and I am at a loss.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Banned

There are some I suspect, but I got so PO'd with what we were paying to have sharpened and how poor they were I figured out and do it myself now. (Mind you most of these are clippers used on horses rather than dogs, but close enough.)

I can explain to you what to look for in a sharp clipper blade, which may help (I'm talking visual looks with magnification.) Beyond that, not a lot I can do for you though, distance is too great, and I'm not set up to sharpen for others.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

I get mine done at local conformation shows... Usually there is someone selling scissors and such who will sharpen blades. I haven't had an issue that way.. I'd complain about the dull one out of the package.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground