Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-06-2009, 07:09 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

cries he has done this the last three times i am ready to wring his neck. I threw the ball as far out in the water as possible and i have a REALLY good arm. THat took care of his body But his head was enough to need a gas mask.

I am very proud of them both. When we got to the dog beach there were two young bull mastiffs, 6 months old. Soon as i saw them i should have left to another part of the park, but we so wanted the water. Mary wanted the water. ONE belonged to an idiot. VIctor Pepper and i moved down the beach so far away that i had thought the dog had left and i threw the ball out there to try to wash the stink off of him. He went out and oh oh here came the pup. THe pup was big, 70, 80 lbs with 6 month unsocialized brains. So in comes vic, ball in mouth pup on back and he is pissed. He has the double stink eye you die look and i know i better meet him at the water edge. I do...take ball move down beach. By now i am against the fence on the very border and sh1t here comes dog. So call them in, I have one hand on PEpper, one on Victor. Mary is all good, she takes no crap off of anyone and is off doing her own thing. My friend Jean has Higs. WE wait, and here comes woman, we tell her we are now unable to do anything. Would she please get her dog. Now her dog is all over mine..SO i turn loose of Victor he has the right to save himself and he did...he roared at that pup three times and turned and raced up the water, up the other side, and now there is a fence between them. THe lady is clueless, but she now knows she is socially unacceptable. Especially when Jean tried to catch this woman's dog which has 0 recall. It won't stop me from going. Even tho this was a ruff day at the park. Victor did EXCEPTIONALLY well. I didn't know if he was finally going to blow his top with this dog or not, he certainly had every right to. Instead he did what a smart dog does, he heads for better grounds and we followed. The lady left, we went back and had a lovely time at the beach. Higs went into the water YAY and brought the ball back for the first time...SCORE! They had a good run back and are all tuckered out now. I am so pleased with his stinky head i don't even mind we are going back for our second bath and cracking out anti stink stuff. Pepper in all of this had enough sense to head for mama and stay by my feet. SHe's a smart smart girl. All was great until we got in the car and all of a sudden she was digging at her nose. THen i was thinking...is her muzzle swelling...ah darn...i never did find the bee.

Poor HIggs thought that once Pepper got to his house he was going to hump to his heart's delight. WE were trying to eat Pizza and i was telling VIctor to keep across the room from me and down wind and Jean was telling Higgs to stay on the sofa and mind his manners. We were correcting them so much Jean said it was like wack a mole and it was But they settled down and we had a nice lunch. THen all tuckered out we headed home. IN Higgs defense he is very young and very big and his mama is doing stupendous with him. IT just takes time.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 05-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Felurian

Poor little Pepper. Sore snoot and sore foot is no fair. I'd say she needs some Mama Mary licks on her little nose.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-06-2009, 07:20 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

LOL she doesn't want anyone touching her nose! SHe runs just fine on her foot. ANd once again it doesnt' look infected. IT is just this purple glob. We will be going back to the vet very soon, but it isn't an emergency. Only at the end of the day was the limp visible. REnee she is such a good dog. SHe is the dog of my childhood, the kind that waits in front of your best friend's house when your playing and chases your bike all the way home. She is quite the something even with a swelled up nose. She has class. ANd Victor has brains. IT would have been stupid of him to try to fight such a big dog. His face said all the injustices in the world. Wish i could give someone the stink eye like that.

Mary was down right rompy today. Almost play bowing to Pepper it was as sweet as could be. Jean said it keeps her from complaining about her aches and pains watching Mary. I said Me tooo.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 05-07-2009, 07:46 AM
My dog tickles my soul

Awww... Give Pepper a good (gentle) hug from me! And tell her that we all have bad days and hope she feels better soon.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:51 AM
Love my pets

So glad you have a friend to enjoy the water/park with you. Sounds like it was a good day in the end. Pepper, here's some gentle hugs & kisses for you.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Awww, poor Pepper

I'm terrified of bees... my dad is deathly allergic to them, and I'm always afraid that I'll be the same way.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 05-07-2009, 11:27 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i am always relieved after the child eats peanut butter or a strawberry or gets a bee sting and there is no worries. I let Hyia have a very small bite of shrimp the first time and waited before i let her have anymore. I am deathly allergic to strawberries so i know upclose and personal what to watch for.

BOth dogs are zonked out...they haven't even gone out to potty. THeir food bowls are full and infront of their noses. By now normally they are nagging me...do something do something. I adore the dog park.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 05-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Twin 2.0

Sounds like a good romp...we're going up to the Golden off-leash park tonight to check that one out. I was supposed to go up to Westminster yesterday, but Cheza couldn't make it and I was rather tired by that point anyway, so I passed. Sawyer and I went for a walk to get some ice cream later, only to find that the one Cold Stone within walking distance has shut down and I wasn't in the mood for frozen yogurt. So we turned and walked back home empty-handed. I ended up making Dad and I frozen margaritas and Sawyer had his chew hoof. He's gotten used to getting a good long romp or walk every day now and has gotten to be quite insistent about his evening walkies!
Old 05-07-2009, 11:54 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

IT is good to here that Sawyer and you are reestablishing your orbit. I can't think of any other words to explain what i mean.

Mary is outside. SHe says..the sun is good. My yard is good. My life is good. I am very happy. THat is what she just said to me i swear!

Just walked by her and she said "nooooow if i make a fire and cook her a hotdog that would heaven". Shame the stove is too wet.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!