Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 05-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Top Dog

We had a lot of fun too!! Except when I got mugged by Blue Dog!

You should take Raja to the next dock jumping/lure coursing fun day out in Plantersville next time they have one. The lab, too, if she likes water and running!

But I don't think we will be able to go to the dog park for awhile. BOTH dogs tore their pads. Twiggy's isn't too bad but the top layer of Jake's pad has only about 1/5 of it still connected. I thought he looked a little off at the park and now I know why!

Here are some pictures of the lure coursing that I was talking about. If your dogs like to run and chase then they will definitely love it!

Old 05-06-2009, 04:23 PM
MyHorseMyRules

Thanks, everyone! Smkie, it was pretty awesome. She has two very cool dogs, and they are both so gorgeous.

Happyhound, I bet Raja would love lure coursing! Is there a website or something that I can check for upcoming events?
Old 05-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Top Dog

The website is Houston Area Dock Dogs and they have a Yahoo list too. The fun day in April was the first time they had the lure coursing to my knowledge.

It's at Jest Fer Fun Training Center in Plantersville, TX. Jest Fur Fun Training Center

Did Raja get her pads torn up? Both of mine got theirs torn up pretty bad. First time I've ever had pad issues after going to the dog park. They look like they are constantly walking on hot coals. It does seem to keep them relatively calm, though.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:38 PM
MyHorseMyRules

Thanks! I'll look into it. It sounds like fun.

As soon as I got home yesterday, I checked Raja's pads, but they were completely fine. I wonder what happened with yours! I hope they heal up quickly. Is it like they got cut by something sharp? Or just scraped raw?
Old 05-06-2009, 06:13 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

OH wow i bet you didn't read that in one of my and zoom's park threads. You need to get them out of the water for awhile about 20-30 minutes and let their feet dry well before they get back in. THe pad swells and when they turn on concrete or brick (big rocks too) it comes off like a blister. SOrry sorries that is an owie and a half. Bronki did it to both front feet and i had to carry him in and out for a week. HE couldn't walk at all.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 05-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post
OH wow i bet you didn't read that in one of my and zoom's park threads. You need to get them out of the water for awhile about 20-30 minutes and let their feet dry well before they get back in. THe pad swells and when they turn on concrete or brick (big rocks too) it comes off like a blister. SOrry sorries that is an owie and a half. Bronki did it to both front feet and i had to carry him in and out for a week. HE couldn't walk at all.
Awww, poop. That is what definitely what happened. Twiggy had them on all 4 feet and Jake only had it on one--Twiggy swims A LOT more than Jake.

Oh, well. At least I can watch out for it next time.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:12 PM
and Fozzie B!

Wow... BEAUTIFUL pictures of Raja and those stunning GSP's. It's awesome that you guys got to meet up. It looks like such a nice day!

I'm going to keep that pad thing in mind, next time I take the dogs swimming. Poor Jake and Twiggy! Sounds like you two will be rockin' booties for a while. hehe

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 05-07-2009, 01:23 PM
MyHorseMyRules

Ouch! Sounds painful. Thanks for the info, smkie. I'll keep that in mind next time I take the girls swimming.