Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2009, 10:47 PM
Agility freak!

Default Psyche has a spot... Another skin issue!

I'm thinking it's a break out of an allergy of sorts. She's on RAW, so I doubt it's food. She was medicated with flea prevention in March when I brought her home, but I suppose rolling in the snow, she could have rubbed that off (maybe?).

Here's a picture:

That one's on her side, just behind her ribs on her right side. It itches her, I assume, and I've seen her licking it a lot (try to get her to stop every time I see her doing it). She had one on her left leg, on the inside, that was much smaller, and it looked like a bite mark or something and I figured the girls had played too rough, it went away, and not she's got one on her side, and one on her other leg that goes around onto her bum/bumfluff area.

It's not completly bald like a hot spot, and the hair didn't fall out in clumps, or even noticably fall out at all. It just looks like when she was itching at it, she broke/bit off the hair.

Anyone have any idea what it is? It's nothing that's spreading - none of the other dogs have them, and it doesn't seem to be getting bigger.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog