Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-28-2004, 09:51 AM
Felurian

There are very few diseases that are passed from cats to dogs.

The cat may have been lost out of a car when the company was moving. Have you tried calling information for a new number for the company? Or checking for the previous address of the company? There might be people near the previous location that know who the poor thing belongs to, or at least someone who was with the company who might be able to tell you.

Have you considered capturing the poor thing and taking it to your vet to have it cleaned up and checked over? Since Toki likes it, it's a shame to keep him from having a playmate. Cats can make the best playmates for small dogs. One of ours even taught my Grandmother's Chihuahua to catch mice! That little dog was so proud of herself every time she got one! It completely changed her disposition from a snappy, self-centered, self-indulgent little dog into a happy, friendly, outgoing little critter. Dogs are just happier when they have playmates.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-28-2004, 09:57 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

I wish I could say the same for Dixie. She doesn't like cats anymore. I don't know why. We used to have one a few years ago. But, this past weekend, when Dixie stayed at my friends house, a cat came up to the door wanting out of the snow, and my friends brought her in, but Dixie was trying to attack it, so the cat slept in the sink to get away from her. I don't understand it. She used to be best friends with a cat...
Old 12-28-2004, 10:15 AM
Felurian

It wasn't Dixie's cat! Plus, Dixie probably had her nose out of joint anyway, since she had to stay behind and Beulah went with you. You're going to have some serious making up to do with little Dixie!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-28-2004, 11:40 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

Oh, Dixie had a wonderful time. She had a four year old little boy to run around with all weekend. (I didn't tell her that Beulah went with me) Ha Ha....
Old 12-28-2004, 02:40 PM
Top Dog

I did think about taking her to the vet but iam having financial problems and right now is not a good time for me. The least thing I can do is to buy some flea medication and put it on her and feed her.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:10 PM
Island dweller

There are diseases that can be passed from cats to people.
If you do want to take care of him and clean him up you could deworm him, vaccinate him and get rid of fleas yourself. The vaccinating can be tough especially if you've never done it before. http://www.runway.net/b/moonmaid/in-or-out.html

We can by vaccinations for cats and dogs at our drugstore in BC and in Alberta they are easier to get. A lot of pet supply stores sell them. Sometimes your vet will give them to you too. Same goes for deworming and fleas.

That's a tough decision if you didn't want a cat and don't have the finances for a stray. Can you quarantine it somewhere?

Saje
Old 12-28-2004, 09:43 PM
Top Dog

I have vaccinated puppy doggies but not adult cats and that's gonna be hard. To vaccinate is cheap if you do it yourself but i have fear of cats that they will scratch so Im afraid to stick a needle on her. She's a friendly cat and very sweet but she can get very annoying at times. She will MEOW all day to give her food so I sometimes give her Toki's dry food that he won't eat anymore. And we can never have our backyard door open because we don't have a screen door and she ran inside our house a couple of times. I don 't know anyone who wants this cat and she's fast. Last time we try to get her to stay still so that we can see her tag it took us forever because she runs aways from us. She won't let us pick her up she will jump away and run off but then comes back.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:59 PM
Island dweller

LOL Sounds like you have a cat.

Where do you live? I'm just curious about the nearest shelters or rescues and/or people here who could help.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:06 PM
Show Dog

I'd definitely keep the cat. She sounds like she wants to stay with you folks, because she always comes back (of course, food and a playmate... doesn't sound bad at all). If she had a number then she _had_ an owner. I don't think anyone who wanted to lose a cat would let her keep the number. Maybe you can try harder, locating her previous owners if you don't want to keep her, but I definitely would!
Old 12-28-2004, 11:23 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl_ashmore
Oh, Dixie had a wonderful time. She had a four year old little boy to run around with all weekend. (I didn't tell her that Beulah went with me) Ha Ha....
Believe me, Dixie knows. They always know. Every single time, no matter how careful you are.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian