Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 04-24-2009, 04:08 AM
Top Dog

When people ask me what Archie is, I tell them "Your guess is as good as mine."

Fleetwood Mes Yeux Vigilant CGCA RE TDCH TDI and Shed Antler Dog!
Old 04-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Top Dog

I used to refer to Radar as a rare North Carolina Minkling (Mink is his nickname), but now I just call him a Poodle Thing.
Argon is a Whippet/Bassett, and I don't know how I could combine those at all. Whappett? Whisett? I sometimes call him my Whippy-Woo, but he gives me such a look of humilation that I try not to do it too often.

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:31 PM
FluffyZooCrew

I don't use the 'cutsie' names. I agree, it only encourages designer breeding/buying. If I say I've got, for example, a "Malti-Poo" and someone thinks my dog is adorable and then they want one too, they're liable to go out and look for a "Malti-Poo" breeder.

Anyways, Annie is a whippet schnauzer mix, and I usually just call her a whippet mix. I tell people Sam is a Jack Russel/Beagle mix. I don't really say Emmy is a chihuahua mix, because we really don't know if she's a mix, or just a badly bred chihuahua. Same with Triumph... no idea if he's a shih tzu/pekignese mix, or just a badly bred shih tzu.

Now, I have been known to be a smartass and come up with some really ridiculous names.

One day someone asked me what Blue was (who just happens to be a full blooded pit bull, not a mix), but they were asking rather rudely cause of his looks. So I answered something along the lines of, "He's a Boruvian Water Tolling Terrier". Made absolutely no sense whatsoever, but he shook his head and went, "Ohhhh!"

Annie has been a "Yugoslavian Pharoh Terrier" before too. Oh, and can't forget Blue was also once a "South African Bermese Water Hound".
Old 04-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Puppy Dog

When anyone asks me what kind of dog Rags is I just say he's a BIG dog. Who the heck knows right? He's obviously got some shepherd in him,but he weighs about 120# now!

I do refer to my friends Labradoodle's as such.

My take on all this: the dogs could care less,just say they are "loved dogs".
Old 04-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Felurian

Most people just think Bimmer is a small GSD, so I just leave it at that

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Blue_Dog

Blue as far as I know was a husky, german shepherd and golden retriever mix. I admit to making up nicknames for his breed but that was between friends and not to other people. I always said his full breeds. I remember one man said I shouldn't go around saying he is a three-mix dog because it makes him(Blue) look like a mutt, to which I replied "....he is a mutt".
Old 04-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Angel Chicken

Kona is a corgi.jack russell mix.

I call her a Co-Jack, and have for the longest time, but in reality, she is just a plain ol' muttly.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Top Dog

When I had a mix I called her by her breed mix. Either the whole thing, or just Toller mix or Border Collie mix. There is someone breeding them on purpose and calling them Tollies, but I never, ever referred to her as one.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 04-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Top Dog

S&S....you could call Radar a Whip-Ass !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 04-24-2009, 04:10 PM
I'm All Ears

I always say Shack was a GSD or a GSD cross. He was supposed to be purebred but wasn't, don't know for sure what his father was, though his mom was a papered shepherd. We assume the dad was a golden retriever mix because he looked about half retriever. Personality wise he was all shepherd though.