Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Member Introductions

Old 04-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Very Food Agressive

You sound like a great and enthusiastic addition to the Chaz family As long as you try your best with your pup and post copious amounts of pictures of the little darling, you'll do just fine

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Top Dog

You definitely sound like a great new member !!! We love to help and support here ! So many come in with a closed mind and never listen to the tons of wisdom here . Please don't hesitate to ask any questions !!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 04-21-2009, 01:30 AM
Active Pup

Today was a good day for her and I. She did have an accident in her crate while I was at work in the morning and again in the afternoon. I know she can't help it, I really just feel sorry that I can't come home more frequently for her. I'm hoping it won't be long before she can control her bladder so she doesn't have to sit in it until I get home. I leave @ 8:00 and come home @ 11:00 (3 hours) I really didn't think this would be too long, but she's struggling apparently. I've decided that I'm going to take up her water and only give her water when I'm home. I will see if this helps and in a few weeks hopefully it won't be this way.

But today we played alot and had alot of bite work. She was given the cold shoulder probably 4 or 5 times tonight for biting too hard which I don't think is bad. She's learning and I can feel here starting to "soften her touch" which is what I want. I can feel the "chatter" instead of just a nip if that makes any sense.

She sleeping happily in her crate after having such a long day of learning to jump over a bench outside (absolutely hilarious) and falling down the stairs (she's okay, just a goofball). She stopped on the second to last stair to the top and started scratching, so slowly she toppled and down she rolled. I felt for her, but I bursted out laughing...she hopped right up and climbed back up. Life lessons...fun to watch

She's completely pooped out and my alarm is set for 1:30am to take her out!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Adorable! We demand additional pictures!
Old 04-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Active Pup

I do have a quick question. Being that I do work during the day I'm afraid that Lucy needs to be quite the independant dog in the future. So here's my dilemma, I've been putting her in the crate and she's been loving it, but more and more she seems to be starting to resist it. I think it's because she's making a connection between the crate and my absence.

I try to comfort her before putting her in there so that she is calm when she goes in and thus far I've ignored her barking and whining when she's in there so that she may learn that I don't respond to it. But it seems like it's getting worse instead of better. If I'm in the room it seems like she's okay, but if I just hang out in the bedroom while she's in the crate, she's just barking and whining for more extended periods of time. Is this usually the case and is this part of the process? They just get upset now, but eventually they adapt and become more independant? I don't want her to develope Seperation Anxiety.