Apollo memories

rem55555

Apollo hated the Fourth of July because every year at that time people would light of firecrackers. The noise they made scared Apollo so much she would go and hide underneath the toilet in the bathroom. This was really strange because during the other 364 days of the year, Apollo would never go near the bathroom because she was afraid that she was going to get a bath. Apollo hated loud noise period and I did not realize how much it bothered her until I took her with me to watch the Memorial day parade. We went to a spot waiting for the parade to begin. When it did it started of with a military honor guard firing off their rifles. When that happened, Apollo tried to drag me home, but I made her stay with me. The honor guard fired off two more sets of shots and each time Apollo tried dragging me home. Apollo started showing the effects of the gun shots and what they did to her. For each the next four days, Apollo crapped in the house at least 20 times a day. On the fourth day, late at night, Apollo went into convulsions barking as she was convulsing. To me, Apollo's barking was a cry for help. I took Apollo in my arms to try and comfort her. As Apollo was starting to settle down, my grandmother yelled at me to let Apollo go otherwise she was going to bite. I was concerned for Apollo's well being and the last thing on my mind was getting bit by her. I screamed at my grandmother and told her to shut up, that I did not care if Apollo bit me or not. By this time Apollo had settled down, but my yelling caused Apollo to go into another convulsion. After it subsided, Apollo settled down for the rest of the night. The next day, I took Apollo to the vet. He told me that the gunshots had upset Apollo's central nervous system and she could have died from that. The vet gave Apollo a shot of something and she had no further problems. My ignorance insisting on keeping Apollo at the parade could have cost Apollo her life. Also, during Apollo's lifetime, I always took her to the vet when the slightest thing happened to her. I really can't remember or understand why I did not take Apollo to the vet immediately after she started having problems. Fortunately someone must have been watching over Apollo for she suffered no ill effects. Ever since then, I never put Apollo in that position again.

APOLLO 1973-1991

Barb04

Super Moderator
Apollo looks so pretty in this pic. We all learn from our mistakes; you loved Apollo so much.

Members online