Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 04-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
I wouldn't seek out on purpose to own a hound type. They generally have nice, amiable dispositions but I like more dependent breeds or breeds that were bred to work closely with their owner or dogs bred to be companions. I also am not crazy about smooshed in faces. I feel sorry for bracheocephalic breeds and think they should be modified, which I think some breed clubs are starting to do and I just don't find them very attractive. Most of the achondroplastic breeds I wouldn't seek out either. Not all, but most. But like it was said, if one fell in my lap, I certainly wouldn't dismiss him. I do have a "visiting" foster beagle. LOL. He's cute and sweet as can be, but just not my breed of choice because, I guess he can take or leave people.
I looked up what achondroplastic means, but I'm not really picturing any specific breeds...
Old 04-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I looked up what achondroplastic means, but I'm not really picturing any specific breeds...
I think it would be corgis, bassets, etc.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Obey the Toad.

There are a lot of breeds that I think are too much dog for me--Akitas (which is too bad because I think they are one of the most beautiful breeds out there), Cane Corsos, Dogos (another breed I find gorgeous), Presas, dogues, bull mastiffs, filas, rotties, chows etc.

I tend to lean away from the very independent breeds as well.

I don't know that I could do a breed that required lots of grooming/professional grooming. I don't think I would seek out a wolf hybrid either. I've yet to come across what I would consider a "reputable" wold hybrid breeder and the temperaments seem to be hit and miss.

I would not subject a border collie to me because I doubt I am interesting enough to keep one occupied and know that the dog would probably be more intelligent than me--it would a very frustrating life for the dog--lol.

I also don't think I'll actively seek out a breed that tends to be very prone to dog aggression.

I think that I'd be very cautious about bringing a very tiny dog into my life--Sally tends to be a bit rough with small dogs, Jack frequently doesn't watch where he's going and I'm just a clutz....

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
I think it would be corgis, bassets, etc.
Ok, that's what I thought, but I've been known to be wrong on occassion...
Old 04-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Ok, that's what I thought, but I've been known to be wrong on occassion...
Well now, aren't you lucky to have me around? I've never been wrong in my life. Well, there was that one time, of course, where I thought I made a mistake, but it turns out I was wrong.

Actually, that was a total guess! Still waiting for someone to confirm it!

Old 04-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Twin 2.0

Ok, I can still say without a doubt that you will NEVER EVER EVER catch me owning either a Wheaton or Wire-Haired Fox Terrier. Ever.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Resident fainting goat

i will never ever own a min pin or a pomeranian

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:03 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Boston, youre right. Its Bassets and dogs like them. And I think that any dog that has that Basset type set to the front legs could be considered that.

I'm not positive on this, but I think the English Bulldog is considered achondroplastic as well.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:13 AM
Original Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Ok, I can still say without a doubt that you will NEVER EVER EVER catch me owning either a Wheaton or Wire-Haired Fox Terrier. Ever.
I'll second the Wheaton, there is one across the street that tells Saga and I, most vocally that it would eat us every time we walk out the door.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:58 AM
My Master

I dont think i would ever turn down a dog in need of a home because of the breed. Im really not too picky about them BUT, i would have to say very large dogs. Like a saint bernard, or a great dane. Not because i wouldnt mind having them, but theyre a whole lota dog. I really think i wouldnt be able to handle a dog that big.