Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Top Dog

Default Peeing/crying in crate...

Posting for my friend again...

4 month old lab/great dane mix...appeared to be potty trained for about a week; slept in his crate fine & never went to the bathroom in it for the 1st few weeks after she got him...

Now he seems to have regressed!! I still really think its an attention thing, cause he proves over & over that he is capable of holding his pee AND, he typically does so while she is gone AND they have been to the vet...haven't had a full work up, but the vet didnt think he needed to.

Apparently last night he cried all night AND peed 3 times!!! Course each time he did, she got up & cleaned it up --> so therefore...ATTENTION!!! He also usually only has accidents when other people are over & we are studying or something...therefore he isnt getting attn paid to him...and he also does it when she is on the phone a lot.

He is getting exercise, and yesterday apparently was playing in the dog park with other dogs for like an hour during the late afternoon & was just absolutely pooped...so its not like he isnt getting out.

I really don't know what to tell her...she pays attn to him...but I mean, he needs to learn he can't get attn 24/7!!! What should she do???

Thanks Jessie!