Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 03-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Top Dog

congrats on your new puppy..I have had gsd's for 20 years and can't live without them.

The jumping you experienced in your previous post, was most likely insecurity with his surroundings, but it sounds like you are getting him out more and he's becoming more secure?

Definately socialize, socialize, socialize, to everything and everyone.

My 11 mth old actually came from KY, (I see you are from KY),,she is slovakian/czech/ddr...She is actually the first gsd I've ever owned that went thru fear periods..all the others never exhibited fear periods..I did see with her,,the jumping as you described, and I also do/did as one suggested,,totally ignored it, kept moving..

Good luck with your pooch
diane
Old 03-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
My 11 mth old actually came from KY, (I see you are from KY),,she is slovakian/czech/ddr...She is actually the first gsd I've ever owned that went thru fear periods..all the others never exhibited fear periods..I did see with her,,the jumping as you described, and I also do/did as one suggested,,totally ignored it, kept moving..
Thanks Diane
He is a wonderful Dog an so very smart. But he is the only one I have ever had that showed any fear at all.I know how protective they can be. an he is glued to my hip I think.But it has been 15 yrs since I went through the puppy stages. I have forgot so much.My Last dog was German shepherd an Rotti mixed. 2 awesome dogs with careless owners.Now I love Both breeds an he was the Smartest Dog I have ever seen.There both in my Blood now.I had him for 14 yrs, But I trained him so I know Zeus will be okay.But I had read so much about Fear agression it had me worried.
But this is a wonderful place so I am hooked on chaz now too.
Thanks so much
Old 03-30-2009, 10:52 PM
Active Pup

Default re:German Shepherd Puppy

Hi,he is just doing what all puppys do!he is in a playful mode,in time with gentle training and patience he will soon settle down,try to keep him in check,
he will get the message,when it is playtime,he must learn the basics first,dont expect too much too soon though,good luck!
Old 03-31-2009, 09:15 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummy View Post
Hi,he is just doing what all puppys do!he is in a playful mode,in time with gentle training and patience he will soon settle down,try to keep him in check,
he will get the message,when it is playtime,he must learn the basics first,dont expect too much too soon though,good luck!
Thanks Brummy,
I am learning that more an more every day.I forgot how much there is to trainning a puppy so he will be a awesome adult.

But we are doing it *smile*