Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-22-2004, 12:55 PM
Corgi bum

I also have a mini Doxie. He also has the same problem. He's two and is much better then he used to be. He still will pee if I get stern with him. He is just really submissive. He also gets along well with other dogs, but usually takes on the submissive behavior with them as well.

Just be patient...this to shall pass.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:40 PM
Puppy Dog

Sorry it took so long for me to reply, i've been on vacation and away from the computer.

I like the treat idea of praising him, but there's a problem. He's the only dog i've ever known to not like treats. He won't eat them. He might take them for a minute, but then he just puts them down. I don't know why he doesn't like them, he just doesn't. I've only seen him eat a treat once, that's when he was around my parents' long haired dachshunds and i think he only ate them because they were. It's weird. I mean, seriously, he doesn't like to do anything besides lay on the couch with you or in bed with you. that's it. well, he likes going for walks and stuff, but that's about it. No toys, no treats, no balls. He's just a different dog. I think i'm gonna try petting him with my palm up and underneath him, like on his chest and sides. I'll try that for awhile and see if it works. Another problem is that he's always around your feet, like while we're cooking or cleaning or whatever, if you're feet slightly, and i mean slightly touch him, he yelps like we're beating him. I dont' know if i can ever fix that, but, it's just another one of those things. any other ideas? He really is a sweet dog, we just wish he would pee when we're trying to be nice to him and yelp when we're not hurting him at all. It's kinda embarrassing when we have company over because they must think we beat him. but really, we've never ever touched him.

as for the Weim, i'm officially looking for one right now. I hope to have one by jan. 7th. If i can find a good breeder around her, for a decent price too.

Thanks everyone for all the helpful ideas. I'm gonna keep trying to give him treats. maybe he just doesn't like the ones we give him, but, we've tried alot!