Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Active Pup

Default Dog Grooming Success???

Hi! I have a question for the experienced groomers in the field. After a three month time period, should one still be struggling to finish with three dogs in a day? I work 3 days a week,8-4. I am doing my own bathing,ect. and need to have some touch up help scissoring on some of my bodies and faces. I work in a small grooming shop and the owner has very high standards. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the feed back from her,and her standards! But I don't know if I'm banging my head against the wall and should throw in the towel and call it a day. I love working with the dogs, but how long does it take to work up your speed and master this work? I did take 8 months off prior to finding a job after I graduated from grooming school.My plan was to work for someone for a short time and then open up a kennel/day care and grooming spa. I will only jump into the grooming when need be and hire a full time person. But I feel like I need to know what I'm doing! I'm not a kid and do have a lot of business experience. Can you help me out! Thanks! PITROTTIMOM