Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Stories

Old 09-02-2005, 12:20 PM
GSDGurl

I was biten by a stray Collie.I came out of my friends house and started walking home.All of a sudden I heard growling and a bite right on my thigh.The people next door had a boxer that was a good friend of mine.The boxer came to my rescue and scared that nasty Collie away.I loved that Boxer.Some day we will buy one but right now I am a GSD lover.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:55 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Sheperd Gurl
I was biten by a stray Collie.I came out of my friends house and started walking home.All of a sudden I heard growling and a bite right on my thigh.The people next door had a boxer that was a good friend of mine.The boxer came to my rescue and scared that nasty Collie away.I loved that Boxer.Some day we will buy one but right now I am a GSD lover.

Lisa you are a dog lover in general. You love them all! Me too ssshhhh don't tell anyone everyone thinks I am gsd only.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Big German Shepherd

Smkie,

You keep saying how a 5 year old should know that it is unacceptable to hit dogs but be rational-

You KNOW that kids, especially that young, are not going to listen well. You tell them to clean the room, do they do it? No. You tell them not to hit the dog? But they think it's fun- so they continue, they get bit, and in turn the animal is put to sleep. It's not right, I know.

But you can't expect a 5 year old to be able to listen as well as a teenager. It doesn't work that way.

That's why, in my opinion, kids should be around dogs but under intense adult super vision. But even then it's hard not to prevent it, you could be in the same room working and concentrating on something else and the next thing you know your dog has your kid by the throat. It's why I emphasized intense.

Just my opinion.