Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Stories

Old 08-31-2005, 12:50 PM
Rottweiler

Default High Speed Jumping

So were going futher up the mountains since I live on the foot of the mountains to have another camping adventure. As were traveling, my girlfriend slams on the breaks as a squirrel dashes across the road to the other side. While slowing down at around 16-25 mph, Cordelia decides to jump out the window and take down the squirrel. Yea-well lets just say it looks like hurt, she kinda went side ways upon impact. I was thinking to myself, "oh crap she is going to have a broken bone." Well no, she gets up and is about to take off into the wilderness to go after the squirrel. However I blow my doggie whistle and she comes to me. Now I'm wondering, can a dog calculate whether it would be safe to jump out of the car when you are traveling 16-25 mph?

After this, I'm going to buy a doggie seat belt.

Cordelia Antonietta Cajas: Rottweiler & German Shepherd

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

Old 08-31-2005, 01:45 PM
Twin 2.0

I think the dog just wanted the squirrel and had no idea about a safe speed. My dad had a dog one time that jumped out of the bed of a truck while on the highway. It lived but was pretty messed up in the head afterward. You're lucky that didn't happen. Yes, go buy the doggie seatbelt!

One question: You obviously own a Rottie mix, so why do you have those stats in your signature that state how "vicious" these dogs can be. Is it a machismo thing or what? I'm confused.

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 09-01-2005, 08:29 PM
Rottweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom
One question: You obviously own a Rottie mix, so why do you have those stats in your signature that state how "vicious" these dogs can be. Is it a machismo thing or what? I'm confused.
Interesting speculation. However, it's there as a reminder to owners of these specific breeds of canines to be responsible. These dogs and much like others have a greater potential of dealing more devastating damage.

Cordelia Antonietta Cajas: Rottweiler & German Shepherd

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."