Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Photography

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2009, 11:40 AM
My dog tickles my soul

Default Dog portraits - looking for insight!

Wow, I just found this section! Hoorah!

I'm not sure if these pictures truly belong here, but I am more looking for photography insight than dog insight. If a mod feels that they belong better in "Dog Pictures", please feel free move it.

Anyways, when I do overnight dog-sitting, I like to practice my photography, and will leave a few of my photos for the dog owners at the end of my stay. I was sitting for these two a few weeks ago, and got permission from the owners to post the photos of their dogs for a little bit of photography criticism.

These are taken with just my Canon Rebel XTi DSLR and my only lens (Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM). I used the staircase to set up the photos. The dogs sat on the landing and I stood lower down so that I was looking about eye-level or a bit lower with them. As for lighting, well, I was completely dependant on the sunlight coming in from the big, decorative windows in the entry of the house (behind and above me from where I was taking the pictures).

Let me know what you think! And please, if there is anything I could have done to make these better, I would LOVE to hear it! I am always trying to improve and it helps to get feedback.

Thanks for looking!