Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-23-2004, 10:51 AM
Big Dog

Default Stop The Licking!!!!

OK...I know it is a sweet gesture, and I LOVE getting kisses, BUT....Rosie, my PBT, will not stop licking me. As I sit right now, the only thing uncovered is my bare feet, and she just won't stop! I try to let her give a few kisses, and then just move away and tell her 'ok stop now' I hate to sound scroogish about it, but seriously it is constant. SHe will not leave my side wherever I am, and the licking just coincides with it. Anyone else have this happen?
Old 12-23-2004, 11:28 AM
Sunny

Oh yeah! My 9 moths old male papillon Sunny is the best feet licker we've ever had LOL ! He has a way to stick his tongue between all the fingers. The best relaxing therapy Myself and my husband we're fighting over it
Old 12-23-2004, 03:24 PM
Big Dog

Our Chihuahua will constantly lick my husband's face. Yesterday we had to literally move her and push her away to get her to stop. I think she likes the saltiness or the oils in his face.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:33 PM
Corgi bum

LOL...yes...I think the salt thing is another reason they like to lick. I think they also just love us and want us to know! My Doxie is a major licker!! My Corgi will give me one lick on the nose.
Old 12-24-2004, 09:12 AM
The Mask

Haha, my dog will hardly ever give me kisses i have to pet him for like an hour just to get 1 lick! Whats up with that? Lol...but yeah alot of dogs lick because of the salt from our skin.
Year Old German Shepard, Coyote Mix
Old 12-24-2004, 10:44 AM
Andy

awe roxy never licked me. she always chewed on me. she was teething and i wouldnt let her chew on my arms so when she is all the way on the other side of the room so will crawl up really slow (she does the same thing cheetas do, crawl slowly, pause, and attack) idk y she does it. but when she is about 2 feet away from me she will stop and all of a sudden jump and tackle me and bite my face. i think its cute but she bit my not once. i just laughed. we always roughplay though. is that why she does that? i thoguht she had a little wolf in her or something. lol
Old 12-24-2004, 03:02 PM
The Mask

Yeah seems like my dog but he dosent creep up, he wil stop and lower his back like hes going to attack and once i move he will come after me and nibble on my arm or hair.
Year Old German Shepard, Coyote Mix
Old 12-25-2004, 10:48 AM
Andy

i think its awesome how she does it though becuase she thinks shes slick but im sitting there watching her.