Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Forum News and Announcements

Old 02-24-2009, 01:39 PM
Top Dog

I don't mind making my thread titles relevant for certain topics. But I'm not going to bother if it's a topic that's.... irrelevant. I mean, there are some threads that I wouldn't WANT to be found by search engine. If I want to make a thread about something off the wall, I don't see the need to state exactly what it's about in the title of the thread.

But if it is a relevant question or something, especially about dogs, then I will be happy to try to make my thread titles more specific.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcladymacbeth View Post
I don't mind making my thread titles relevant for certain topics. But I'm not going to bother if it's a topic that's.... irrelevant. I mean, there are some threads that I wouldn't WANT to be found by search engine. If I want to make a thread about something off the wall, I don't see the need to state exactly what it's about in the title of the thread.

But if it is a relevant question or something, especially about dogs, then I will be happy to try to make my thread titles more specific.
Ding Ding Ding... We have a winner! That is all that we ask...
Old 02-24-2009, 02:58 PM
Island dweller

So basically, no 'formal' rules. Just stop and think about your thread and if you think it's relevant to newbies and could help the community and other dog owners then make the title clear so that it's easier to find. Sounds reasonable to me.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:14 AM
Big Dog

Oh..After an hour of reeding this thread I'm totaly confused..I know what you all are meaning to say or better yet what you all said in this thread but for me it is normal to give my thread title that you all will know what it is about..But I love the threads that are named ewwww, or OMG, or grrrr...I love that because I don't know what it is and i allways read it..For me it's interesting and I love when I don't know what is about..This is the first forum for me that is opend for everything (if you know what i mean)..The people can feel (I can) that you are a big happy familly..
But I can agree that there are some thread that should be named for what they are (if they are cry for help or something like that)..Maybe some people don't like when they have to find something but i really dont mind..
I hope by the time that i finished this i didnt lose point what i was traing to say...I just reallly, really love you all....

Thank you Babyblue2590 for the best siggy ever...
Old 02-25-2009, 06:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatyTreats View Post
Ding Ding Ding... We have a winner! That is all that we ask...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje View Post
So basically, no 'formal' rules. Just stop and think about your thread and if you think it's relevant to newbies and could help the community and other dog owners then make the title clear so that it's easier to find. Sounds reasonable to me.
Seems kind of sad that it's taken 95 posts to get the message clear for everyone. And I suspect there will be some that still aren't sure of what it really means.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Silence! I ban you!

I've been trying to be pretty stoic about the whole thing (With Heath taking over, new skins, etc.). Here is the way I'm looking at it:

If we have new rules regarding posting (whether thread titles, content or whatever), if I wish to continue posting here I will abide by the rules. If we don't get new rules, it's business as usual.

The enforcing of the existing rules may be perceived as a "new rule" but that's not the way it is. It's like being pissed at the police for patrolling an area known for speeders and/or accidents and complaining about getting a ticket for breaking the law. Just because you used to get away with something doesn't mean you should have been getting away with it. Edit: And by "you" I am including myself as well.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Don't encourage me..

I have a thread title for the list..

"Save a life.. KY Alert"

I spat my drink out when I read that, it might just be my perverted mind though..

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 12-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Top Dog

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/