Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Forum News and Announcements

Old 02-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Chicken View Post
I agree. That was totally uncalled for.
Totally uncalled for? Come on... She said it was stupid and I brought to light the fact that is only stupid because it doesn't impact her financially at all...

While you dont care about that, I certainly do... and its NOT STUPID at all.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatyTreats View Post
Maybe if you paid for it out of YOUR own pocket, it wouldnt be so stupid...
As has been said before, both in this thread and in other threads, there are members who care deeply about this forum and who would be willing to donate money to help keep it running.

Another forum I'm on just removed all their ads and asked the members to donate. In about a month's time, they received enough money from their members to cover a year's operating costs and more.

You haven't asked for donations, you haven't provided a way to donate. Please don't be rude about the issue of who is paying to run the forum when we haven't had any opportunity to contribute financially.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 02-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgipower View Post
As has been said before, both in this thread and in other threads, there are members who care deeply about this forum and who would be willing to donate money to help keep it running.

Another forum I'm on just removed all their ads and asked the members to donate. In about a month's time, they received enough money from their members to cover a year's operating costs and more.

You haven't asked for donations, you haven't provided a way to donate. Please don't be rude about the issue of who is paying to run the forum when we haven't had any opportunity to contribute financially.
You are completely right... I take back my comments. Maybe I should look into donations.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
But I don't think they are making a RULE... sounds to me like they are just requesting that we try to be more relevant in our titles. Maybe not more relevant... more specific. Like maybe mention SOMETHING in the title about what the thread is actually ABOUT.
Thank you, Sparks. You get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgipower View Post

How much better would it be for those donations to go to a rescue fund rather than something to remove a minor annoyance that CAN be removed with a few clicks of the mouse?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Yorkie Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
How much better would it be for those donations to go to a rescue fund rather than something to remove a minor annoyance that CAN be removed with a few clicks of the mouse?
I agree... money would be better sent to rescues then here if it is only to remove ads, as they are a minor annoyance BUT, if donations are essential to keep the place running without an restrictive rules and the reoccuring lecture about how we dont understand the perilous financial situation this forum creates people should be free to make that decision... would everyone donate? No. Would some people choose to? Yes.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Angel Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatyTreats View Post
Totally uncalled for? Come on... She said it was stupid and I brought to light the fact that is only stupid because it doesn't impact her financially at all...

While you dont care about that, I certainly do... and its NOT STUPID at all.
Let me be more clear then.

It wasn't uncalled for you to address her post. It was uncalled for to address her in the manner that you did.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Oh, it's *you*

Renee that's a nice thought but I think it is for everyone here to decide where their money goes...am I right? I sense a guilt trip implied by your comment and I find it totally unnecessary. Just because someone wants to donate something to a site they enjoy does not mean the huddled starving masses are being abandoned by the same person.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryngwraythbeagles/
Old 02-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Felurian

It's not a guilt trip. It's a question.

Donations can't be counted on on a regular basis by their very nature, so what do you do to assure that enough for a large site like this comes in? Remember, the forum is just one part of the site. To keep it running smoothly and the bills paid on a regular basis do you have to go to it being a paid site then?

I honestly don't have the answer. I don't know enough about the workings of cyber-business. I've run businesses, though, and I do know that you have to have a steady stream of capital replenishment that you can count on.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
and I do know that you have to have a steady stream of capital replenishment that you can count on.
I first read that as capital punishment
Old 02-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess2416 View Post
I first read that as capital punishment
Your conscience?

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian