Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Forum News and Announcements

Old 02-23-2009, 04:20 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

why are we arguing about being asked to title a thread "ewww my dog has in ingrown toenail" instead of just "ewwww"

BTW... dogs really get ingrown toenails? :O

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Angel Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
why are we arguing about being asked to title a thread "ewww my dog has in ingrown toenail" instead of just "ewwww"

BTW... dogs really get ingrown toenails? :O
I'm not trying to argue. My point was that no matter what the title, the thread is indexed for it's contents, not just the title.

For your second question... I'm not sure? I imagine they can, but I've never dealt with it myself.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:23 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Chicken View Post
I'm not trying to argue. My point was that no matter what the title, the thread is indexed for it's contents, not just the title.

For your second question... I'm not sure? I imagine they can, but I've never dealt with it myself.
well in spirit of this thread... I googled dog ingrown toenail LOL and A LOT of "how to" guides come up. who knew.

How does a dog GET an ingrown toenail. I think I need to make a thread for this because I am really curious now lol.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Yorkie Love

Also, many times these threads with strange titles have little to do with dogs... not to single anyone out but as an example, the thread about Mia standing in her underwear in her backyard the other day wondering how to get inside... her thread title was kind of vague... but who cares? Is someone on google really going to search... "what to do when stuck in the backyard in your underwear?".... I highly doubt it.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:28 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoodleMommy View Post
Also, many times these threads with strange titles have little to do with dogs... not to single anyone out but as an example, the thread about Mia standing in her underwear in her backyard the other day wondering how to get inside... her thread title was kind of vague... but who cares? Is someone on google really going to search... "what to do when stuck in the backyard in your underwear?".... I highly doubt it.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
You'd be suprised.... lol

Anyhow, it's not the "phrases" no one searches for that we care about now is it?
Old 02-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Top Dog

I see no harm in asking thread titles to be specific. Hardly seems like a big deal if it's going to help make the site profitable for someone who invests a lot of time into it.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 02-23-2009, 04:30 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
No ... cause they would probably already be stuck outside in their underwear at this point without a computer...

G.K. Chesterton

Old 02-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
No ... cause they would probably already be stuck outside in their underwear at this point without a computer...

I sometimes will go to walk the dog in my pajamas and will grab my phone. So it's feasible that I'll be stuck outside with my blackberry in my PJ's googling "Stuck outside in pajamas".
Old 02-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Yorkie Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
I see no harm in asking thread titles to be specific. Hardly seems like a big deal if it's going to help make the site profitable for someone who invests a lot of time into it.
I guess my issue is that... it seems like the rules are coming slowly but surely... whats next posts like the one I referenced dont bring any clicks/money therefore they arent allowed at all?