Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Forum News and Announcements

Old 02-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoundedByHounds View Post
I'm not getting the money issue since people here, have offered to PAY to remove ads altogether?
Well, that's news to me or maybe it was before I got here... Either way, a somewhat relevant title would be appropriate in more ways than one.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje View Post
A lot of threads i just read the sneak peek because often that is enough lol!
I always do that. Though I also wish that thread titles were more descriptive. [On an unrelated note, since we're griping , I also wish I weren't automatically logged out all the time (I leave my browser open) because I have to log back in to read the preview...]
Old 02-23-2009, 04:09 PM
DILLIGAF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey08 View Post
I also wish I weren't automatically logged out all the time (I leave my browser open) because I have to log back in to read the preview...]
Click the little remember me box, problem solved.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Top Dog

^^ It forgets me! I dunno. Anyway, sorry to hijack.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey08 View Post
^^ It forgets me! I dunno. Anyway, sorry to hijack.
Check your cookie settings... they are probably deleting too often.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:12 PM
<--------Orson

*hangs head*

I am a guilty party for not naming my threads properly...........not always, but my fair share! LOL

Not only that, I KNOW better because I found this place accidentally through GOOGLE! hahaha........I have no excuse, I'll do better

I would make the scout sign and give scout's honor.......but, well, I never was a scout unless Brownie's for a short term counts!
Old 02-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Angel Chicken

How Google Works - Google Guide

Quote:
Googlebot gives the indexer the full text of the pages it finds. These pages are stored in Google’s index database. This index is sorted alphabetically by search term, with each index entry storing a list of documents in which the term appears and the location within the text where it occurs. This data structure allows rapid access to documents that contain user query terms.

To improve search performance, Google ignores (doesn’t index) common words called stop words (such as the, is, on, or, of, how, why, as well as certain single digits and single letters). Stop words are so common that they do little to narrow a search, and therefore they can safely be discarded. The indexer also ignores some punctuation and multiple spaces, as well as converting all letters to lowercase, to improve Google’s performance.
So, in reality, thread titles matter squat. Even if the title says "Ewwwwwww" it will still be indexed based on what words the thread itself has, NOT the title.

So if you have "My dog has a gross ingrown toenail" in a new thread, all words BUT the stop words are indexed, whether it be "ewwww" or "toenail", or whatever other words are used that are unique.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:14 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

We shouldn't be complaining about the OWNER of this forum wanting to increase traffic even if it is for money purposes.

If it weren't for the money aspect we wouldn't have chaz. I don't think he's just trying to pocket all the funds... i doubt he's making anything off this forum and if he is I'm sure it's not enough to put him in a new tax bracket

They aren't telling us what we have to say... just asking that maybe our titles be a little more specific. No biggie

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Chicken View Post
Do you have a point or is it open for interpretation?

EDIT to your EDIT: Let's just say: You are DEAD WRONG!
Old 02-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Angel Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatyTreats View Post
Do you have a point or is it open for interpretation?
I went back and edited my post