Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Forum News and Announcements

Old 02-23-2009, 03:29 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje View Post
I hate forums like that. One I'm on changes your thread title if you are too vague. That's a pet peeve of mine!! I think it's good to suggest people be more specific but I don't think we should have a rule about it. We can sneak peak afterall. A lot of threads i just read the sneak peek because often that is enough lol!
Yeah I don't really like the strict enforcement of it either. one of my soap opera forums is REALLY strict. No off topic posts, no off topic threads, you can't say certain things etc etc.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Top Dog

One I'm on changes the title if even one word is all in caps, which seems pretty extreme to me.

Uh, yeah, that was my random contribution to the conversation.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Sit! Good dog.

I just replied to the other thread - pretty much what saje said.

I'm also on a forum which asks for "clear thread titles" and will edit them if they're not. It really irritates me, and takes away from the intimacy.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 02-23-2009, 03:33 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

But I do think that if you are posting a thread about a controversial topic if there isn't going to be a forum for them then the title should be as specific as possible

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

And all threads of cute puppy pictures should have a warning in the title. I mean it just kills me to look at all those wrinkles and puppy blue eyes and little squishable faces that need to be kissed.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 02-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Administrator

The point you are failing to realize is this:

Say you have a problem with your dogs ingrown toenail. You then make the title... "soooohhh gross!!!!!!!!!!!!" Then you go on and post about the toenail, how you fixed it and so forth. Another dog lover someone in the world has the same problem. They search google and they dont find this thread because you titled it "soooohhh gross!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Therefore, they dont visit the thread, can't find the information they need to help themselves, spend countless hours looking for info, dont join this site, dont become your newest bestest friend and finally wont split the money they just won from the lotto with you!!!!

And all because you were trying to be witty or gain some attention!
Old 02-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Island dweller

lol that's why I'm so broke??? ****.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Oh, it's *you*

doesn't the search function work on more than thread titles? As in if ingrown were in ANY part of the post it's come up? If not the search function is pretty lame LOL.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryngwraythbeagles/
Old 02-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Oh, it's *you*

just tested it...yes...it searches the entire post/thread...so I guess I don't see that as a major issue. Most folks don't go thru page after page of a subforum hoping the title has what they want...they use the search.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryngwraythbeagles/
Old 02-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Yorkie Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatyTreats View Post
The point you are failing to realize is this:

Say you have a problem with your dogs ingrown toenail. You then make the title... "soooohhh gross!!!!!!!!!!!!" Then you go on and post about the toenail, how you fixed it and so forth. Another dog lover someone in the world has the same problem. They search google and they dont find this thread because you titled it "soooohhh gross!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Therefore, they dont visit the thread, can't find the information they need to help themselves, spend countless hours looking for info, dont join this site, dont become your newest bestest friend and finally wont split the money they just won from the lotto with you!!!!

And all because you were trying to be witty or gain some attention!

I understand that more clicks on the site and more members equals more money.

But many of us arent thinking about that aspect... we arent doing it to be disrespectful or get attention... its just the title we post.

I think more rules in the end makes less members...

For instance I joined a forum awhile back and posted my first thread... it wasnt in exact conformity and got moved... while I understood why they did it, I realized it was too confusing to post there and ended up not returning.

When I came to Chaz, it was fairly easy to navigate and that it why I stayed.

JMO, I know it has no bearing.