Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 02-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Squishy face

Default Well, we broke the news to my dad

That Daisy is on raw! It went over better than I thought. He asked why I put her on raw and I explained how its helping with Daisy's itching (the ear infections and yeast infection in her front foot cleared right up!). Daisy also seems more satisfied on the raw diet, now that she has flesh to rend and bone to crunch. Plus her teeth have never been whiter since puppyhood. Daisy is on the prey model. Tonight's dinner will be some hog stomachs, yum yum.

I have my mom interested in a raw diet for Benji because of Benji's itchy back. Benji is currently on Avoderm kibble and Innova Evo canned which helps the itching a good deal, but its still there. The only issue with putting Benji on raw is that he's a picky eater. He does love raw chicken though.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 02-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Bored Now.

He didn't know beforehand?? How on earth did you keep it from him?

Oh, and for the amusement of everyone else . . . you know you're a dog-lover when your dear friend asks you to hold a raw chicken thigh so she can put her dog's collar on/let her outside and you grab the thigh without batting an eyelash.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Squishy face

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
He didn't know beforehand?? How on earth did you keep it from him?
Because during the week he lives at the condo in DC he bought so that he doesn't have to ride the train, and on the weekend he and my mom go places. So he's not really around or paying attention when I feed the dogs. But today I had just bought a big package of pork loins, a big package of chicken quarters, and a package of pork stomachs and I was in the kitchen putting the loins and quarters all into tupperware containers to be frozen (the stomachs were already frozen at the store), and we kinda had to explain why we had so much meat.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 02-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Top Dog

At least he took it well. My parents say they're fine with it, and will feed it to him when they watch him, but they always look at Argon like he might drop dead at any minute.
I think Radar would do very well on a raw diet, but mom won't even consider it for him. Even when I'm visiting and the poor little guy cries for what's in Argon's dish.