Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 12-20-2004, 08:44 AM
Andy

whats the point of registering your dog with AKC? what is it? i know it is the american kennel cub but i went on akc. org and couldnt really find a link where they explained where it is. and if you buy a dog that is registered with AKC or whatnot then will it cost more?
Old 12-20-2004, 02:17 PM
GSP/Lab Mix!

Yea AKC reg. dogs cost more. My Rattie is reg. with UKC.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:13 AM
Active Pup

Hi there,
Has anybody suggested to you a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.
They have something for eveyone, they come in 4 different colors.
Ruby (all red), Balck and Tan, tri color and Blenhiem (red and white). They have a medium length coat that requires some grooming and they are very trainable, cuddley and sociable with other dogs, cats or most anything else.
They are very healthy with hardly any hereditary problems and are a very popular pet, show and obedience dog in Australia. Look them up for yourself on the net.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:13 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena
I don't see "Labradoodles" becomming a registered breed any time soon, least not with any reputable registry...I don't for one second think the Labrador and Poodle community will sit by while both their respective breeds are destroyed by scummy breeders....the only people still breeding lab x poodle crosses are mutts for bucks puppy pimps...This cross originally started in Australia where they were hoping that crossing the Lab with Poodle would result in a guide dog for allergy sufferers....it failed miserably...genetics don't work that way...
I'll have to find out sometime when I'm less tired...but it was definitely the KC from what I heard.
Old 12-23-2004, 03:46 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne Jones
Hi there,
Has anybody suggested to you a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.
They have something for eveyone, they come in 4 different colors.
Ruby (all red), Balck and Tan, tri color and Blenhiem (red and white). They have a medium length coat that requires some grooming and they are very trainable, cuddley and sociable with other dogs, cats or most anything else.
They are very healthy with hardly any hereditary problems and are a very popular pet, show and obedience dog in Australia. Look them up for yourself on the net.
They are adorable too ! AWWWW geeeesh wish I could have one of every breed! God love my hubby
Old 12-23-2004, 04:32 PM
Sunny

You have my vote for a papillon. Very smart, afectionate and loyal dogs. They say they are the number one in obedience. I've had small dogs all of my life, most of them chihuahuas until I got my first male papillon. That little guy got under my skin from the first days. If you'll get one you'll have no desire to get another one. You can find one at puppyfind.com. I know, not the best place to look for a puppy but they have no fault and they deserve a chance. A lot of them come from champion blood lines, not that it matters to me but there are a few responsible breeders over there. You can also adopt a papillon from slpapillons.com Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see a link for the rescue papillons. I could recomend you the breeder I got my second papillon from. I waited a few months for him but I'm glad I did. I wanted a puppy from a specific pair. Whatever puppy you'll get, I hope he/she will fill up your life again. Each and every dog is special in his own way.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:43 AM
Active Pup

Well, I didn't have time to read through every post, but I wanted to add the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel to your list. They are VERY affectionate, bred for that specific reason for King Charles the third, I think. Mine doesn't bark much, they love to have other dogs with them, they are not Real long haired but not short and very cute. Mine doesn't shed very much either. I think all small dogs are harder to housebreak. I've read somewhere that small dogs have smaller bladders and not proportionate to their size, even though they are small. They need to be let out more often. Another reason small dogs are harder to housebreak is becuase while a great dane will leave a lake or great mountaine behind, a small dog can walk behind the couch and you wouldn't find it for months. Do a search on Cavaliers..I think you'll find them adorable. I like the Beigham.