Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-29-2005, 05:40 AM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchesters
Forget the standing on the hind legs. Dogs like this are very prone to hip problems, and you don't want to do anything to excacerbate the problem. Teach him to "say How Do You Do" where he offers you or anyone else a paw from a distance. You hold the treat over his head, tell him "SAY HOW DO YOU DO" and tap his toes with your foot. When he picks his foot up to move it away tell him what a good boy he is. My Whippets picked it up really quickly.

Cant say I do it very often

Old 08-29-2005, 05:47 AM
Top Dog

King has always done this, all on his own. I really wish I could get the "stand up and run on two legs" thing he does on tape.

He's sitting normally, then the front legs come up and he sits up, then he "stands up" on his back legs (he seems to do this very easily, it's spooky smooth, no shaking legs), kind of arches his back, and runs through the house with his front legs never touching the floor until he wants to stop. Think of the Velociraptor from the Jurrasic Park movies, it's very close. He looks totally insane doing it, there's a huge grin on his face.
That grin is funny enough as it is.

My friend was over and we were watching a movie on my new (just after they came out) DVD player. King was messing with Molly, as usual, and she ran down the hall to get her ball, and King launched himself and ran down the hall on two legs and slammed her into the wall at the end (he didn't hurt her, they do it to each other all the time). My friend looks at me and says, "What the hell was that!!?" I answered, "Just King being crazy". "No!, how did he run on two legs like that??", "I've never seen anything like it before, actually, I didn't know they could do it at all!" He does it about 3-5 times a month. The next door neighbors had a party yesterday, and he did it when their dog jumped over the fence into our yard, and got a huge reaction, lots of "WHOAHH!!" "I never saw a dog do that before!"

I have spent hours with the video camera, waiting and waiting and he just wont do it. One time, I no more than gave up, and just turned the camcorder off, and he goes and does it.
My camcorder takes about 15 seconds to fire up, so I got nothing. That's the closest I have ever came to getting it on tape. My video camera died a while back, and so I'm doubtful I will ever get it.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:31 PM
mostly ignored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav
He has a big enough ego to be on the telly!
Oh this is JUST what Gus needs...encouragement ! Instead of sandwiches he'll start demanding filet mingnon for his little song and dance routine.Fishermen and fine diners alike, beware the irresistable dancing doggie!
Old 08-30-2005, 12:06 AM
Corgi bum

Awww...what a good baby!!!
Old 08-30-2005, 11:17 AM
no touchy

Aw that is so cute!!

Colby has been doing this since she was a puppy - we have a pic of her sitting with her paws in the air by the dinner table. She is such a little pig! She can also stand up on her back legs and walk (if she has something to put her paws on). It's really cute.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.