Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-29-2005, 10:56 PM
Corgi bum

Awww how fun...there's nothing cuter then a Bassett.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:15 AM
Top Dog

I'm really not sure bassets are suited for backpacking... I would really ask more people who know a lot about bassets, so you don't end up with a bad surprise. I've never seen bassets as very active dogs.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:22 AM
mostly ignored...

directly from dogbreed info.com : The Basset hound will do okay in an apartment. They are very inactive indoors but outdoors they will run for hours in play if given the chance. They will do okay without a yard, but should be given plenty of opportunities to run and play to keep it healthy and trim. sounds to me like a good backpacking trip The lady that has her says she looooves the trails so I'm optomistic. Like I said, I think any dog can be a backpacking dog if given the oppertunity. Not like I'll love her less if she is a slowpoke. I'm not talking mt.washington (I don't think I'd do that again myself let along take a dog ) but some sections of the a.t. are just right. Also I think she'll be trying to keep up with Sunny so she'll have motivation.
ALSO in the breed book I have there are pictures of bassets doing AGILITY so I am pretty sure a few rocks and hills aren't going to bother her.

Last edited by Sunnypup; 08-30-2005 at 09:33 AM.