Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 02-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Sit! Good dog.

I am not entirely sure people SHOULD be allowed to own dogs which take it upon themselves to attack.

Because to me that SCREAMS liability and would result most defiantely in the breed being banned - which noone wants.

Sadly the majority of people who would be attracted to a dog like that are gangsta type thugs for a large part.

The decent honest folk will be pushed aside as hoardes of irresponsible fools queue up to get their "attack dogs" of the irresponsible breeders.

Can't anyone see how much of a negative effect promoting that drive is to the fila breed as a whole?
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 02-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Felurian

That drive IS part of what makes a Fila a Fila. Period.

And 100% of all of you who talk about it and have never lived with Filas are talking as if you know something about ojeriza. Which you don't. The discussion is about as intelligent as the one about Dobermans having brains that swell and make them turn on their owners or APBTs having locking jaws.

And, for the last goddamned time it's not fscking aggression.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That drive IS part of what makes a Fila a Fila. Period.

And 100% of all of you who talk about it and have never lived with Filas are talking as if you know something about ojeriza. Which you don't. The discussion is about as intelligent as the one about Dobermans having brains that swell and make them turn on their owners or APBTs having locking jaws.
Actually, it can be proven scientifically that Doberman's brain do not swell and pit bulls jaws do not lock, so there really is no comparison. In addition, you don't see breeders claiming locking jaws and swelling brains as something they breed for.

When you take on a large, powerful dog you take on a big responsibility to the breed. Part of that is education. When I hear people say that pit bull's jaws lock I don't tell them their idiots and walk away, I explain the truth.

If you think people are getting it wrong, educate and enlighten. Just sitting there and telling people that they can't possibly know what ojeriza is because they haven't lived with a Fila while refusing to discuss it further is unproductive and an attitude that will only hurt the breed and peoples' chances to own them in the future.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Felurian

And at some point you get tired of handing the same people the same information on a silver platter over and over and over again . . . or at least I do.

The comparison is valid as it's a comparison of the inanity of those talking out of their asses.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
And at some point you get tired of handing the same people the same information on a silver platter over and over and over again . . . or at least I do.

The comparison is valid as it's a comparison of the inanity of those talking out of their asses.
Like cursing the darkness rather than bothering to turn on the light....

If Filas fall into the same hands as pit bulls have, which is very likely, then you'd better get used to repeating the same information over and over and over if you want to continue to have the right to own the breed. Most people with pits and rots and other "marked" breeds spend their lives educating others about their dogs--it comes with the territory.

As far as handing people information--what info has been handed exactly on this thread? It's just been you telling people they're wrong and idiots and the articles they read are wrong--no actual information at all.

IMHO you have no right to bitch about ignorance if you refuse to educate.

~Christina--Mom to:
Jack--6 yr old Labrador

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:18 PM
Felurian

It's all over this forum. And some of the worst of the posters in this thread are well aware of it.

Maybe we should just breed all dogs to be under 20 pounds and have rubber teeth and do nothing but perform silly-assed tricks.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
It's all over this forum. And some of the worst of the posters in this thread are well aware of it.
Well, do you have any links, or do we have to search old threads for an hour?

If it is not aggression, then I would genuinely like to know *what* it is because most of the Fila info I've found online states that it is s severe hatred of strangers and goes on to describe something that sounds very much like aggression....

~Christina--Mom to:
Jack--6 yr old Labrador

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Felurian

Oh, so I should do the searching for you?

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-15-2009, 12:25 PM
just call me Nilly

I'm going to jump in here as I know almost NOTHING about Filas other than the stereotypes and of course the stories here on Chaz. Not being one to follow stereotypes, I try to absorb what I can from those who I consider "experts".

Renee, your audience is always different, so it may feel like you're repeating yourself but there is always someone listening who the information is COMPLETELY new to

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 02-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Oh, so I should do the searching for you?
Silly me, I thought that maybe Fila owners on a Fila thread could provide some Fila information. Clearly I'm confused.......

~Christina--Mom to:
Jack--6 yr old Labrador

Labs do it in the lake.