Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 02-13-2009, 04:26 PM
and Fozzie B!

You crazy Summer!

There are lots of options to try... it can be difficult to get a dog into raw who has never eaten it. Gonzo was apprehensive. I started him on little pre-made Raw chunks (Steve's Real Food) mixed in with his kibble. You could also add some raw meat in with cooked meat. Does she have a meat preference? Maybe she just isn't a huge fan of chicken? My boys love duck. Beef might be more tempting to her, or lamb. Try searing, sprinling with garlic salt, ketsup, I've ever heard of people putting peanut butter on a RMB just to get their dog to take the plunge. Usually, after they get their first taste, they don't need any more bribing.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 02-13-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo View Post
You crazy Summer!

There are lots of options to try... it can be difficult to get a dog into raw who has never eaten it. Gonzo was apprehensive. I started him on little pre-made Raw chunks (Steve's Real Food) mixed in with his kibble. You could also add some raw meat in with cooked meat. Does she have a meat preference? Maybe she just isn't a huge fan of chicken? My boys love duck. Beef might be more tempting to her, or lamb. Try searing, sprinling with garlic salt, ketsup, I've ever heard of people putting peanut butter on a RMB just to get their dog to take the plunge. Usually, after they get their first taste, they don't need any more bribing.
Well, peanut butter is something she absolutely WILL NOT touch, so that won't help.

I've never realized how picky she is, lol. She will eat most cooked meats, though. She'll chew bully sticks. Cereal, popcorn, bread, veggies, fruit- she won't eat. She will eat chow mein and orange chicken. I found her in the living room with my room mate and my room mate was feeding her a ton of Chinese food. Luckily she wasn't sick.

I'm going to try ground beef and see. The only meat sources I've tried so far are chicken and turkey because I heard it was easier on their systems to transition to a poultry. I'm not sure if that's true or not. Come to think of it though, she won't eat Innova EVO's canned food that is chicken, so maybe she just isn't a fan of chicken. I could also go pick up some pre-made raw meals at the feed store. I'd been thinking about that for some of Trey's meals as well. It's just a drive so I've put it off until we finish the two chickens that were already in the fridge.