Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Active Pup

AC varies so much by where you live.

In most areas they are underfunded.

With the economy today, it will only get worse for them.

Luke
Old 03-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Active Pup

6. Warning - anyone in lawful possession of the premises may be able to give permission for a search.Make sure your roommate, babysitter, dog-sitter, housekeeper and other know that they should notlet animal control into your home or on your property (i.e. backyard, garage, etc.).

yikes!!! well thanks for the info, even though it maybe uncommon but right now im feeling kinda frightend with those guys, well atleast now i know what they can do and what i should do.
again thanks ^_^
Old 03-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Active Pup

Last week Juno was in a fight with another dog in front of our condo (fight wasn't our fault), and I was scared the woman who owned the other dog was going to try to call AC or make me pay for her dog's vet bills. I remembered reading this in the past, and so I ran inside and re-read it, and then called my sister and her husband (we share a condo) and told them multiple times that if AC comes knocking, they shouldn't let them in without a warrant, and shouldn't talk to them through an open door, or anything. They looked at me like I was crazy, lol. But they said okay.

Thanks for the information!

Chrissy
Mom to Juno - Australian Kelpie
Old 04-09-2009, 07:16 AM
Active Pup

we want to say the importance
Old 06-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamutt99 View Post
Mahahaha! This is the post that got me banned from the Petfinder forum the first time. It's hot, scary information, folks! Soak it up.
and why did they banned you? I can't see any reason?

take care of them
Old 07-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Sled Dog Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron11 View Post
and why did they banned you? I can't see any reason?
BUMP...?

This post is a sad example of this forum's will to protect anyone and everyone from the ethical sector of law enforcement for animals.

Member of Dogs Deserve Better & In Defense of Animals & The Humane Society of the United States.
Volunteer for the Sled Dog Action Coalition.
Think the sled dog racing industry is humane? Think again!
Sled Dog Issues - Working Toward a Better Tomorrow.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
Old 07-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Not a lurker

Yeah because AC is always right....keep thinking that.

I had the local police, in NY bring AC in my house without my consent because someone reported that I "left my dogs in the snow" - which wasn't true at all...yeah they should have that kind of right to do that.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by summitview View Post
BUMP...?

This post is a sad example of this forum's will to protect anyone and everyone from the ethical sector of law enforcement for animals.
So, the AC officer who barged into an old woman's house, and kidnapped her puer bred CKC registered labrador retriever because he thought it was a pit bull (which were banned in her area) was part of a "ethical sector of law enforcement"?

Give me a break. That innocent dog would have died that very day if she hadn't had his reg. papers proving his breed.

Besides, officers tricking and bullying people into entering their homes with no evidence is NOT okay. Ever. Not in our country. If there is evidence, they can get a warrant.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Twin 2.0

Animal Control rarely attracts the best and the brightest, it's seen as a crap position by other officers and the ones performing their jobs get burned out quicker than any other sector of law enforcement. Not people I'm going to just blindly trust to "make the right call". Some are bullies looking to throw their weight around, some just don't care enough to bother with proper breed identification.

And still others are misguided ARistas using their badge to carry out their personal agendas.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:20 AM
Kim

My husband's answer to "what to do if animal control knocks on your door" would be.... just hand over all the pets! LOL

Zipo - Miniture Poodle - 10 years old
Kiko - Chihuahua - 4 years old
Reno - Mix - a year in November