Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 02-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
But a lot of that varies with the size of your dogs and how many dogs you own. For several years, I was up to 14 dogs. I was feeding them DVP's Natural Balance with great results until the recall. So I switched them to Canidae and they all went downhill and looked like utter crap. So I then put them on Innova & EVO.

I went through over 80 lbs of dog food a week. When you think that I was paying approx. $50 for a 30 lb bag, you do the math. I want to say on average I was easily spending $200 a week on dog food alone. Easily. And when we were hunting more, those dogs were burning calories like crazy and some of the dogs were up to eating 6 cups a day just to maintain body weight and energy levels. I remember one months epcifically that my food bill was over $1,000. And that's downright crazy.

And even with my dogs now, one 5.5 pound bag wouldn't even feed everyone for the day. I go through about 40 lbs a week right now.
I can believe that. Tallulah would eat as much as Kharma, easily, if she were doing anything high energy on a daily basis! As it is, she doesn't eat all that much less, maybe 2 - 2.5 cups of EVO RM compared to Kharma's 3.5 - 4 cups a day.

Bimmer's very spare with his caloric needs - I have to attribute that to his wolf genes.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Lord Cynical

I've switched back to EVO, now that I'm making more money. The food bills will be a lot cheaper now ( ) for a couple months.

But I do think it's worth it, and I'll feed whatever my dogs do well on.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)