Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 08-25-2005, 06:15 PM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie1234
I know, I haven't made that "connection" with any breeds yet. I can't wait till I do
When you do, be prepared for an obsession unlike any other.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip's Girl
When you do, be prepared for an obsession unlike any other.
Can't wait
Old 08-25-2005, 06:40 PM
no touchy

I say find your breed and if it's really what you want to do - improve the breed - do it!
I don't know how ya'll feel 'cause I'm a rescue nut LOL I'd just get a litter of pups from a shelter and adopt them out. I don't think I'd want to go through the whole breeding and birth process.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Big German Shepherd

I always thought it would be a cool to breed German shepherds. The Monks would probably be my mentors.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:44 PM
Top Dog

The German Shepherd pup i have now has a great temperment. When she's a little older and if she passes her hips and elbows and gets a good survey, I might look into it. I think i could improve the breed with her. But, as you know, im only 13. I'll be 17-ish when (if) she can have her first litter. By then I could do 4 years of research and all. But, on the other hand, look out there. So many homeless dogs. If i add to the over population, i must help take some out. I want to be a vet when im older and have a shelter next to it. So that will all help. Anyway, dreams.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:30 AM
Top Dog

I don't think I'll even consider breeding a dog till I hit my 30s maybe 20s.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:38 AM
Top Dog

You know, if I were to pick any breed right now, I think it would be a husky. I have ALWAYS loved them since I watched Balto when it was in theaters. I have always admired their beauty...
Old 08-26-2005, 10:14 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhigh
The German Shepherd pup i have now has a great temperment. When she's a little older and if she passes her hips and elbows and gets a good survey, I might look into it. I think i could improve the breed with her. But, as you know, im only 13. I'll be 17-ish when (if) she can have her first litter. By then I could do 4 years of research and all. But, on the other hand, look out there. So many homeless dogs. If i add to the over population, i must help take some out. I want to be a vet when im older and have a shelter next to it. So that will all help. Anyway, dreams.
That's fantastic that your GSP has a great temperment and that is something worth preserving and passing on, but keep in mind there are many more important factors that go into deciding to breed. Good temperment and passing health tests are just a few of the reasons that should justify breeding a dog. In my honest opinion a dog should have a title of some sort and should have to prove itself in confirmation and if possible some avenue that shows it's original purpose. And, remember that even at 17 you may have a lot of the knowledge needed to breed a litter, but you may not have the funds $ or the time!! If you are truly interested then start looking into showing her and getting a working and or confirmation title on her, that way you are not breeding in a vacuum where only your opinion matters. Good luck to you!!