Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 01-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Top Dog

Default Still Feeding Canidae?

Louie's owner still feeds him Canidae, but he doesn't have an problems with the food as far as runny poos any no problems when the formula switched....is it still a pretty good food to feed since he isn't having any problems?

I told him to switch to Kirkland, like I have since my dogs and other dogs had problems with the food, but I know the whole sign up with Costco thing can be expensive just for some dog food.

What do you gusy think? Is it still ok to keep feeding Louie Canidae, since he's not suffering from any problems or to do the switch to Kirkland. I can get the food for his owner,whenever I go and get my dogs food at Costco....or maybe I can refer to him to the grain free Canidae formula if they offer it where he goes?

Old 01-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Water Junkie

Nope, I don't. And don't plan to go back

Kirkland is good food.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 01-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Big Dog

there are a lot of pet owners who rotate their foods without problems...other than the occasional runny poo. I don't see why there would be a problem with switching foods. Generally where dogs run into problems is with allergies, but if you stick with a good grain-free food there shouldn't be problems. I'm on TOTW and it's worked great as well.